Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Limited joint mobility in diabetes.Postgrad Med. 1999; 105 (105–106): 99-101
- Connective tissue and joint disease in diabetes mellitus.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 1996; 25: 473-483
- Diabetic neuropathy is related to joint stiffness during late stance phase.J Appl Biomech. 2007; 23: 251-260
- The forefoot-to-rearfoot plantar pressure ratio is increased in severe diabetic neuropathy and can predict foot ulceration.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 1066-1071
- Tendo Achillis procedures for chronic ulcerations in diabetic patients with transmetatarsal amputations.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1993; 83: 96-100
- Achilles tendon lengthening, the panacea for plantar forefoot ulceration?.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2004; 20: S37-S40
- New and recurrent ulcerations after percutaneous achilles tendon lengthening in transmetatarsal amputation.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 225-229
- Lengthening the achilles tendon for the treatment of diabetic plantar forefoot ulceration.Surg Clin North Am. 2003; 83: 707-726
- Lengthening of the achilles tendon in diabetic patients who are at high risk for ulceration of the foot.J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 1999; 81A: 535-538
- Gastrocnemius apneourosis recession: A modified technique.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 1232-1234
- Technique tip: using a vaginal speculum for gastrocnemius recession.Operative Techniques in Orthopaedics. 2004; 14: 11-12
- What are the most effective interventions in preventing diabetic foot ulcers?.Int Wound J. 2008; 5: 425-433
- Quality of life in healing diabetic wounds: does the end justify the means?.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 278-282
- The effect of triceps surae contracture force on plantar foot pressure distribution.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 43-52
- The effectiveness of footwear and offloading interventions to prevent and heal foot ulcers and reduce plantar pressure in diabetes: A systematic review.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2008; 24: S162-S180
- Subcutaneous achilles tenotomy in the treatment of perforating ulcer of the foot in leprosy.Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 1971; 39: 631-632
- Effect of achilles tendon lengthening on neuropathic plantar ulcers. A randomized clinical trial.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85-A: 1436-1445
- Lengthening of the achilles tendon in diabetic patients who are at high risk for ulceration of the foot.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999; 81: 535-538
- The gastrocnemius intramuscular aponeurotic recession: a simplified method of gastrocnemius recession.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2007; 46: 133-138
Vulpius O, Stoffel A. Tenotomie der end schnen der mm. Gastrocnemius el soleus mittels mittels rutschenlassen nach vulpius. In: Orthopadische operationslehre, pp. 29–31, edited by O Vulpius, A Stoffel, Verlag Von Ferdinand Enke, Stuttgart, 1913.
- Reduction of the uncrossed two-joints muscles of the legs to one-joint muscles in spastic conditions.Acta Chir Scand. 1924; : 315-330
- Recession of the gastrocnemius: an operation to relieve spastic contracture of the calf muscles.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1950; 32-A: 671-676
- Chronic diabetic ulcers under the first metatarsal head treated by staged tendon balancing: a prospective cohort study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91-B: 487-493
- Salvage of the neuropathic foot by using bone resection and tendon balancing: a retrospective review of 10 patients.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2005; 44: 37-43
- Achilles tendinopathy in diabetes mellitus.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 498-501
- Increased passive ankle stiffness and reduced dorsiflexion range of motion in individuals with diabetes mellitus.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 617-622
- Evaluation of young's modulus in achilles tendons with diabetic neuroarthropathy.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005; 95: 242-246
- Electron microscopic investigation of the effects of diabetes mellitus on the achilles tendon.J Foot Ankle Surg. 1997; 36 (discussion 330): 272-278
- Vascular distribution in the achilles tendon: an angiographic and microangiographic study.Acta Chir Scand. 1959; 116: 491-495
- The blood supply of the tendon with a paratenon. An experimental study using hydrogen washout technique.Hand. 1983; 15: 9-14
- The effect on ankle dorsiflexion of gastrocnemius recession.Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23: 26-29
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.