- Mortality and morbidity after transmetatarsal amputation: retrospective review of 101 cases.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2006; 45: 91-97
- Predictors for the healing of transmetatarsal amputations: retrospective study of 91 amputations.Vascular. 2007; 15: 126-133
- Midfoot amputations expand limb salvage rates for diabetic foot infections.Ann Vasc Surg. 2005; 19: 805-811
- Transmetatarsal amputation: assessment of current selection criteria.Am J Surg. 2006; 192: e8-e11
- Influence of transmetatarsal amputation in patients requiring lower extremity distal revascularization.Am Surg. 2004; 70: 845-849
- Healing of transmetatarsal amputation in the diabetic patient: is angiography predictive?.Ann Vasc Surg. 2005; 19: 769-773
- Lower extremity minor amputations: the roles of diabetes mellitus and timing of revascularization.J Vasc Surg. 2005; 42: 476-480
- Transmetatarsal amputations.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2005; 22: 365-384
- A prospective evaluation of transcutaneous oxygen measurements in the management of diabetic foot problems.J Vasc Surg. 1995; 22: 485-490
- Diabetic foot infections: stepwise medical and surgical management.Int Wound J. 2004; 1: 123-132
- Perioperative management of pedal amputations.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2005; 22: 329-341
- Vascular anatomy of the foot and ankle.Oper Tech Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997; 4: 183-198
- The safest surgical incisions and amputations applying the angiosome principles and using the Doppler to assess the arterial-arterial connections of the foot and ankle.Foot Ankle Clin. 2001; 6: 745-799
- Angiosomes of the foot and ankle and clinical implications for limb salvage: reconstruction, incisions, and revascularization.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 117: 261-293S
- Vascular territories.in: Mathes S.J. Plastic Surgery. Saunders Elsevier, Philadelphia2006: 317-364
- The blood supply of the skin.in: Thome C.H. Lippincott Grabb and Smith's Plastic Surgery. Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia2007: 33-41
- The vascular territories (angiosomes) of the body: experimental study and clinical applications.Br J Plast Surg. 1987; 40: 113-141
- Angiosomes of the leg: anatomic study and clinical implications.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998; 102: 599-616
- The angiosomes of the body and their supply to perforator flaps.Clin Plast Surg. 2003; 30: 331-342
- Transmetatarsal amputation of the toe: an analytic study of ischemic complications.Clin Anat. 1999; 12: 407-411
Sarrafian SK. Angiology. In Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle. Descriptive, Topographic, Functional, pp 261–312, edited by SK Sarrafian, J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, 1983.
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.