This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Subcapital talar neck adductory wedge osteotomies have significant benefits in the correction of angular deformities of the talar head in the pediatric flatfoot. Reconstruction of a severe flatfoot may include an Evans opening calcaneal osteotomy, a modified Young's tenosuspension with a posterior tibial and spring ligament advancement and a tendo Achillies lengthening. Talar neck osteotomies should also be considered in the presurgical evaluation of the pediatric and adolescent flatfoot with severe transverse plane deformity.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Planai dominance.J. A. P. A. 1984; 74: 98-103
- Persistent fetal medial deviation of the neck of the talus: common cause of intoeing in children.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1976; 58A: 724
- Talar neck osteotomy for the treatment of severe structural flatfoot deformities.Clin. Podiatr. Med. Surg. 1987; 4: 119-136
- Pes valgo planus deformity, part I.in: McGlamry E.D. Comprehensive Textbook of Foot Surgery. vol. 1. Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1987: 403-445
- Modified Young tendo suspension techniques for flexible flatfoot.J. A. P. A. 1973; 63: 582
- Calcaneovalgus deformity.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1975; 57B: 270-278
- The pre-hallux (accesory scaphoid) in its relationship to flatfoot.J. A. M. A. 1923; 81: 1500
- W. B. Saunders, Co., Philadelphia1985 The Child's Foot.
- Talar deformity in congenital clubfoot.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1974; 45: 628
- Talocalcaneal osteotomy and soft tissue procedures in the treatment of clubfeet.Acta. Orthop. Scand. 1980; 51: 349-357
- Correction osteotomy of the talus in congenital clubfoot.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1984; 45: 978
- Clinical Biomechanics Corp., Los Angeles1977 Normal and Abnormal Function of the Foot.
- Sptieme Traite d’Anatomie Humaine. Gaston Doin, Paris1921: 367-368
- The extraosseous and intra-osseous blood supply of the talus.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1958; 40A: 1115-1120
- The blood supply to the talus.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1970; 52B: 160-167
- J. B. Lippincott Co., Philadelphia1983 Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle.
- Fractures of the neck of the talus.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1970; 52A: 991-2001
- Fracture of the neck of talus.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1978; 60A: 43-156
- Traumatic articular necrosis of the talus.Clin. Orthop. 1971; 81: 180
- Aseptic necrosis of the talus: revascularization after bone grafting.Clin. Orthop. 1974; 101: 232
- Fractures of the talus.J. Trauma G. 1966; : 443-468
- Injuries of the talus and midfoot, ch. 54.in: Jahss M.H. Disorders of the Foot. vol. 2. W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia1982: 1463-1496
- An operative method for correction of certain forms of flatfoot.J. A. M. A. 1923; 81: 1500
- C. V. Mosby Co., St. Louis1986: 656-711 Surgery of the Foot. 5th ed.
- Operative treatment of pes planus.Surg. Gynecol. Obstet. 1934; 68: 1099
© 1995 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. All rights reserved. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.