We present a case of destructive chondroblastoma associated with secondary aneurysmal bone cyst involving the left calcaneus. Because of the extensive destruction of the calcaneus, total calcanectomy was the treatment of choice.
Level of Clinical Evidence
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Chondroblastoma.in: Fletcher C.D. Unni K.K. Mertens F. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours: Pathology and Genetics of Tumors of Soft Tissue and Bone. IARC Press, Lyon2002: 241-242
- The Cincinnati incision: a comprehensive approach for surgical procedures of the foot and ankle in childhood.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1982; 64: 1355-1358
- An evaluation of the use of retrospectively acquired preoperative AOFAS clinical rating scores to assess surgical outcome after elective foot and ankle surgery.Foot Ankle Int. 2001; 22: 775-778
- Chondroblastoma: a clinical and radiological study of 104 cases.Skeletal Radiol. 1985; 14: 1-9
- Chondroblastoma.Hum Pathol. 1993; 24: 944-949
- Chondroblastoma of the foot.Foot Ankle Int. 1997; 18: 236-242
- Chondroblastoma of the hands and feet.Skeletal Radiol. 2004; 33: 582-587
- Chondroblastoma of the calcaneus: radiographic features with emphasis on location.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1977; 128: 613-616
- Case report 337: cystic chondroblastoma of calcaneus.Skeletal Radiol. 1985; 14: 301-304
- Chondroblastoma of bone. A critical review.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1973; 95: 300-312
- Treatment of chondroblastoma of the calcaneus with a secondary aneurysmal bone cyst using endoscopic curettage without bone grafting.Arthroscopy. 2002; 18: 430-435
- Calcaneal chondroblastoma with secondary aneurysmal bone cyst.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2004; 182: 130
Published online: March 29, 2010
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
© 2010 American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.