Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Surgical considerations in the treatment of pes planus.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1988; 78: 305-309
- Prevalence of flat foot in preschool-aged children.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 634-639
- Evaluation of planovalgus foot deformities with special reference to the natural history.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1987; 77: 2-6
- Flat-footedness is not a disadvantage for athletic performance in children aged 11 to 15 years.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e386-e392
- Flexible flat feet in children: a real problem?.Pediatrics. 1999; 103: e84
- Prevalence of flatfoot in Turkish male adolescents.Eklem Hastalik Cerrahisi. 2009; 20: 90-92
- Flexible flatfoot in children.J Am Podiatry Assoc. 1977; 67: 616-619
- Rupture of the posterior tibial tendon causing flat foot. Surgical treatment.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1985; 67-A: 556-561
- Prevalence of flat foot in school children in Benin City, Nigeria.Trop Doct. 1979; 9: 192-194
- The diagnosis of flat foot in the child.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1985; 67-B: 71-78
- The influence of footwear on the prevalence of flat foot. A survey of 2300 children.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1992; 74-B: 525-527
- Cumulative industrial trauma as an etiology of seven common disorders in the foot and ankle: what is the evidence?.Foot Ankle Int. 2000; 21: 1047-1056
- Tibialis posterior tendon rupture.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1983; 177: 140-147
- Association of tibialis posterior tendon pathology with other radiographic findings in the foot: a case-control study.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 546-553
- Adult acquired flatfoot deformity: treatment of dysfunction of the posterior tibial tendon.Instr Course Lect. 1997; 46: 393-405
- Calcaneovalgus deformity in infants.J Am Podiatry Assoc. 1975; 65: 405-421
- Current concepts and correction in the valgus foot.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1970; 70: 43-55
US Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health and Statistics. National Health Interview Survey, 1990: Podiatry Supplement [Computerfile]. Hyattsville, MD: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health Statistics [producer], 1990. Ann Arbor, MI: Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 1993.
- Foot problems in the US. The 1990 National Health Interview Survey.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1993; 83: 475-483
- Prevalence of chronic podiatric conditions in the US. National Health Survey 1990.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1992; 82: 221-223
- Musculoskeletal injuries in the military training environment.in: Textbooks of Military Medicine. pp 195–210. Department of Defense, Office of The Surgeon General, US Army, Borden Institute, 2003: 195-210
- Musculoskeletal Injuries in the Military: Literature Review, Summary, and Recommendations.Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, CA1995 (Technical Report No. 95–33)
Lane N.C., ed. The Foot, Bailliere, Tindall and Cox, London, 1952
- A clinical evaluation of one hundred cases of infection of the lower leg and foot in military personnel.Mil Med. 1965; 130: 1184-1190
Bensel CK. The Effects of Tropical and Leather Combat Boots on Lower Extremities Disorders among US Marine Corps Recruits, United States Army Research and Development Laboratories, Natick, MA, 1976. Technical Report No. 76–49.
- Epidemiology of injuries associated with physical training among young men in the army.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1993; 25: 197-203
- A biomechanical comparison of the running shoe and the combat boot.Mil Med. 1982; 147: 380-383
- Footprint analysis during the growth period.J Pediatr Orthop. 1994; 14: 83-85
- Correlating factors and clinical significance of flexible flatfoot in preschool children.J Pediatr Orthop. 2001; 21: 378-382
- The influence of footwear on the prevalence of flat foot. A survey of 1846 skeletally mature persons.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1995; 77-B: 254-257
- The prevalence of symptomatic posterior tibialis tendon dysfunction in women over the age of 40 in England.Foot Ankle Surg. 2009; 15: 75-81
- Flatfoot prevalence and foot dimensions of 5- to 13-year-old children in Taiwan.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 326-332
- The feet of overweight and obese young children: are they flat or fat?.Obesity. 2006; 14: 1949-1953
- Radiographic comparison of standing medial cuneiform arch height in adults with and without acquired flatfoot deformity.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 636-638
- [Association of flatfoot with pain, fatigue and obesity in Japanese over sixties].Nippon Koshu Eisei Zasshi. 2003; 50 (Japanese): 988-998
- Human gait and the human foot: an ethnological study of flatfoot.I. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1970; 70: 111-123
- The footprint ratio as a predictor of pes planus: a study of indigenous Malawians.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2002; 41: 394-397
- Arch index as a predictor of pes planus: a comparative study of indigenous Kenyans and Tanzanians.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005; 95: 273-276
- Flat foot among Saudi Arabian army recruits: prevalence and risk factors.East Mediterr Health J. 2006; 12: 211-217
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.