Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Treatment of acute Achilles tendon ruptures a systematic overview and metaanalysis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2002; 400: 190-200
- Potential risk of rerupture in primary Achilles tendon repair in athletes younger than 30 years of age.Am J Sports Med. 2005; 33: 119-123
- Scaffolds for tendon and ligament repair: review of the efficacy of commercial products.Expert Rev Med Devices. 2009; 6: 61-73
- Tendon augmentation grafts: biomechanical failure loads and failure patterns.Arthroscopy. 2006; 22: 534-538
Miller SL, James K, Sakakeeny J. Biomechanical analysis of a tissue augment in Achilles tendon repair. P211, AAOS annual meeting, San Diego, CA. Feb14-18, 2007.
- A biomechanical study of Achilles tendon repair augmentation using GraftJacket.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 329-333
- The role of recreational sport activity in Achilles tendon rupture. A clinical, pathoanatomical, and sociological study of 292 cases.Am J Sports Med. 1989; 17: 338-343
- Biomechanical comparison of the primary stability of suturing Achilles tendon rupture: a cadaver study of Bunnell and Kessler techniques under cyclic loading conditions.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008; 128: 1273-1277
- The strength of Achilles tendon repair: an in vitro study of the biomechanical behavior in human cadaver tendons.Foot Ankle Int. 1995; 16: 191-195
- Biomechanical testing of epitenon suture strength in Achilles tendon repairs.Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28: 1074-1077
- Spiral-shaped metallic implant in the treatment of Achilles tendon ruptures: an experimental study on the Achilles tendon of sheep.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2007; 46: 155-161
- Surgical treatment of Achilles tendon rupture. Examination of strength of 3 types of suture techniques in a cadaver model.Acta Orthop. 2005; 76: 408-411
- Achilles tendon repair: Achillon system vs. Krackow suture: an anatomic in vitro biochemical study.Clin Biomech. 2008; 23: 1158-1164
- Repair of the Achilles tendon rupture: a functional comparison of three surgical techniques.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2001; 40: 188-194
- Long-term results after operatively treated Achilles tendon rupture: fibrin glue versus suture.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 392-399
- Spontaneous rupture of the anterior tibial tendon in a diabetic patient: results of operative treatment.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 463-467
- A preliminary study on the effects of acellular tissue graft augmentation in acute Achilles tendon ruptures.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 8-12
Financial Disclosure: This investigation was funded and carried out by investigators at Stryker Orthopaedics, Mahwah, New Jersey.
Conflict of Interest: Drs. Song, Spalazzi, and Davisson are employed by Stryker Orthopaedics, with expertise in the study of orthobiologics and stem cell research. Dr. Olsen is a paid consultant to Stryker Orthopaedics. Stryker Orthopaedics markets TissueMend® Advanced Soft Tissue Repair Matrix.