Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Achilles tendon disorders: etiology and epidemiology.Foot Ankle Clin. 2005; 10: 255-266
- Chronic disorders of the Achilles tendon: results of conservative and surgical treatments.Foot Ankle Int. 1997; 18: 570-574
- Chronic Achilles tendon overuse injury: complications after surgical treatment. An analysis of 432 consecutive patients.Am J Sports Med. 2000; 28: 77-82
- Shock wave therapy for chronic Achilles tendon pain.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005; 440: 199-204
- Eccentric loading, shock-wave treatment or a wait-and-see policy for tendinopathy of the main body of tendo-Achillis: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Sports Med. 2007; 35: 374-383
- Nonoperative treatment of midportion Achilles tendinopathy: a systematic review.Clin J Sports Med. 2009; 19: 54-64
- Insertional Achilles tendinopathy.Foot Ankle Clin. 2005; 10: 309-320
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in the treatment of chronic insertional Achilles tendinopathy.Orthopade. 2005; 34: 571-578
- High-energy ESWT as a treatment for chronic insertional Achilles tendinopathy.Am J Sports Med. 2006; 34: 733-740
- High-energy ESWT as a treatment for chronic noninsertional Achilles tendinopathy.Am J Sports Med. 2008; 36: 502-508
- The effect of extracorporeal shock waves on a rat model of injury to tendo Achillis. A histological and biomechanical study.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 2004; 86: 613-618
- Shock wave therapy for chronic Achilles tendon pain: a randomized placebo-controlled trial.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005; 440: 199-204
- Analgesic effect of extracorporeal shock-wave therapy on chronic tennis elbow.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1996; 78: 233-237
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy for the treatment of chronic plantar fasciitis: indications, protocol, intermediate results, and a comparison of results to fasciotomy.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2002; 41: 166-172
- Shock wave therapy for chronic proximal plantar fasciitis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2001; 387: 47-59
- Radial tunnel syndrome: resistant tennis elbow as nerve entrapment.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1972; 54: 499-508
- Letter to the editor: shock wave therapy for chronic Achilles tendon pain: a randomized placebo controlled trial.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 445: 276-277
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
Audio file online only at http://www.jfas.org