Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Achilles tendon injuries in athletes.Ann Chir Gynaecol. 1991; 80: 188-201
- Insertion Achilles tendinosis: surgical treatment through a central tendon splitting approach.Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23: 19-25
- Endoscopic decompression of the retrocalcaneal space.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 1488-1496
- Endoscopic bony and soft-tissue decompression of the retrocalcaneal space for the treatment of Haglund deformity and retrocalcaneal bursitis.Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28: 149-153
- Surgical strategies: insertional Achilles tendinopathy.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 542-550
- Surgical management of insertional calcific Achilles tendinosis with a central tendon splitting approach.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 245-250
- Calcific insertional Achilles tendinopathy: reattachment with bone anchors.Am J Sports Med. 2004; 32: 174-182
- Long-term clinical outcomes following the central incision technique for insertional Achilles tendinopathy.Foot Ankle Int. 2011; 32: 850-855
- Surgical management of Achilles tendinitis.Am J Sports Med. 1987; 15: 308-315
- Comparison of results of retrocalcaneal decompression for retrocalcaneal bursitis and insertional Achilles tendinosis with calcific spur.Foot Ankle Int. 2000; 21: 638-642
- Surgical treatment of Achilles tendinitis by decompression of the retrocalcaneal bursa and the superior calcaneal tuberosity.Am J Sports Med. 2002; 30: 318-321
- Technique and results of Achilles tendon detachment and reconstruction for insertional Achilles tendinosis.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 677-684
- Rotator cuff repair: the effect of double-row fixation on three-dimensional repair site.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2006; 15: 691-696
- Double row repair: is it worth the hassle?.Sports Med Arthrosc Rev. 2011; 19: 342-347
Amendola N, Boyle J, Mazzocca A, Obopilwe E, Rincon L, McWilliam J, Dhar Y. Biomechanical testing of distal Achilles fixation using suture anchors: single row vs. SutureBridge™. Arthrex®, Inc. Company Literature, 2007. Available at: http://www.arthrex.com. Accessed July 5, 2012.
- The effects of refreezing on the viscoelastic and tensile properties of ligaments.J Biomech. 2006; 39: 1153-1157
- Rupture of the Achilles tendon.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999; 81: 1019-1036
- Biomechanical comparison of a single-row versus double-row suture anchor technique for rotator cuff repair.Am J Sports Med. 2006; 34: 407-414
- Biomechanical evaluation of arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs: double-row compared with single-row fixation.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88: 403-410
- Double row anchor fixation: a novel technique for a diabetic calcaneal insufficiency avulsion fracture.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012; 51: 123-127
- Risk of avulsion of the Achilles tendon after partial excision for treatment of insertional tendonitis and Haglund’s deformity: a biomechanical study.Foot Ankle Int. 1999; 20: 433-437
- Mechanical strength of repairs of the rotator cuff.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1994; 76: 371-380
- Mode of failure for rotator cuff repair with suture anchors identified at revision surgery.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2003; 12: 128-133
- Single-row modified Mason-Allen versus double-row arthroscopic rotator cuff repair: a biomechanical and surface area comparison.Arthroscopy. 2008; 24 (941–918)
- Contact area, contact pressure, and pressure patterns of the tendon-bone interface after rotator cuff repair.Am J Sports Med. 2005; 33: 1869-1874
Financial Disclosure: The implants used in this investigation were donated by Arthrex, Inc., of Naples, FL.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.