Level of Clinical Evidence
- Arthrodesis as an early alternative to nonoperative management of Charcot arthropathy of the diabetic foot.J Bone Joint Surg. 2000; 82-A: 939-950
- Surgical versus accomodative treatment for Charcot arthropathy of the midfoot.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 545-549
- Charcot foot and ankle reconstruction: current thinking and surgical approaches.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2007; 24: 505-517
- Techniques for midfoot Charcot neuroarthropathy in patients with diabetes.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2011; 28: 673-685
- The importance of limb preservation in the diabetic population.J Diabetes Complications. 2011; 25: 227-231
- Beaming the columns for Charcot diabetic foot reconstruction: a retrospective analysis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2011; 50: 182-189
Grant WP. Biomechanics of the Charcot foot collapse and roding the medial column of the foot as a beam to salvage the Charcot foot. Presented at the Annual American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scientific Seminar, Orlando, FL, February 5–8, 1997.
- Midtarsal arthrodesis in the treatment of Charcot midfoot arthropathy.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 80-91
- Dorsal modified calcaneal plate for extensive midfoot arthrosis.Foot Ankle Int. 2005; 26: 503-509
- Salvage arthrodesis for Charcot arthropathy.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2012; 29: 115-135
- A two-stage percutaneous approach to Charcot diabetic foot reconstruction.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49: 517-522
- Realignment and extended fusion with use of a medial column screw for midfoot deformities secondary to diabetic neuropathy.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 812-820
- Intramedullary fixation of the medial column of the foot with a solid bolt in Charcot midfoot arthropathy: a case report.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012; 51: 379-381
- Medial column rodding facilitated by transitional osteochondral graft.Foot Ankle Spec. 2011; 4: 106-111
- Surgical reconstruction and stepwise approach to chronic Charcot neuroarthropathy.in: Zgonis T. Surgical Reconstruction of the Diabetic Foot and Ankle. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2009: 230-240
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.