Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- How vitamin D works on bone.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2012; 41: 557-569
- Vitamin D—a systematic literature review for the 5th edition of the Nordic nutrition recommendations.Food Nutr Res. 2013; 57: 226-271
- Resurrection of vitamin D deficiency and rickets.J Clin Invest. 2006; 116: 2062-2072
- Vitamin D and bone.Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2012; 10: 151-159
- Vitamin D: Methods of 25 hydroxyvitamin D analysis, targeting at risk populations and selecting thresholds of treatment.Clin Biochem. 2012; 45: 901-906
- Vitamin D—from essentiality to functionality.Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2012; 82: 321-326
- Vitamin D supplementation in elderly or postmenopausal women: a 2013 update of the 2008 recommendations from the European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO).Curr Med Res Opin. 2013; 29: 305-313
- Prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency in Swiss teenagers with appendicular fractures: a prospective study of 100 cases.J Child Orthop. 2012; 6: 497-503
- Stress fractures in elderly patients.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 2581-2587
- Bone mineralization defects and vitamin D deficiency: histomorphometric analysis of iliac crest bone biopsies and circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D in 675 patients.J Bone Miner Res. 2010; 25: 305-312
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels and stress fractures in military personnel.Am J Sports Med. 2015; 43: 2064-2072
- Calcium and vitamin D supplementation decreases incidence of stress fracture in female navy recruits.J Bone Miner Res. 2008; 23: 741-749
- High serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D is associated with a low incidence of stress fractures.J Bone Miner Res. 2011; 26: 2371-2377
- What are the dietary requirements for calcium and vitamin D.Calcif Tissue Int. 2002; 70: 83-88
- Evaluation, treatment, and prevention of vitamin D deficiency: an Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011; 96: 1911-1930
- Estimated equivalency of vitamin D production from natural sun exposure versus oral vitamin D supplementation across seasons at two US latitudes.J Am Acad of Dermatol. 2010; 62: 929.e1-929.e9
The Vitamin D Council. Testing for vitamin D. Available at: http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/testing-for-vitamin-d/#. Accessed September 2, 2014.
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.