Surgeons are always searching for useful methods that enhance surgical accuracy. In the case of endoscopic plantar fasciotomy, identifying the optimal location for insertion of the endoscope for precise sectioning of the desired portion of the plantar fascia, without increasing the risk of injury to adjacent anatomic structures and without complicating the surgery in terms of time or costs, would be beneficial to patients and surgeons alike. In the present techniques report, a simple method for accurately determining the optimal location for placement of the endoscope for execution of plantar fasciotomy is described.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Functional outcome of endoscopic plantar fasciotomy.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 37-43
- Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy: a retrospective analysis of results in 53 patients.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2000; 39: 208-217
- Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy for chronic heel pain.Foot Ankle Int. 2000; 21: 505-510
- The medial instep plantar fasciotomy.J Foot Ankle Surg. 1995; 34: 447-457
- Uniportal endoscopic plantar fasciotomy: a prospective study on athletic patients.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 882-889
- A retrospective comparison of endoscopic plantar fasciotomy to open plantar fasciotomy with heel spur resection for chronic plantar fasciitis/heel spur syndrome.J Foot Ankle Surg. 1995; 34: 305-311
Published online: September 01, 2016
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
© 2016 by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. All rights reserved.