Deltoid ligament repair can be challenging, and implementation of an arthroscopic method can be useful in terms of minimizing morbidity associated with open dissection, as long as the repair is effective and durable. In this brief report, we describe a method of arthroscopic deltoid ligament repair that we have found to be useful.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The contribution of anterior deltoid ligament to ankle stability in isolated lateral malleolar fractures.Injury. 2016; 47: 1581-1585
- Anatomical study of the medial ankle ligament complex.Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23: 547-553
- Deltoid ligament in acute ankle injury: MR imaging analysis.Skeletal Radiol. 2014; 43: 655-663
- Motion of the ankle in a simulated supination-external rotation fracture model.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1996; 78: 1024-1031
- Acute indirect ankle injuries in the adult.J Orthop Trauma. 2002; 16: 58-68
- Injury of the tibiofibular syndesmosis: value of MR imaging for diagnosis.Radiology. 2003; 227: 155-161
- Arthroscopic findings in acute fractures of the ankle.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2000; 82: 345-351
- Repair of the acute deltoid ligament complex rupture associated with ankle fractures: a multicenter clinical study.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2015; 54: 198-202
- Effects of isolated weber B fibular fractures on the tibiotalar contact area.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2004; 43: 3-9
- Long-term outcome after supination-external rotation type-4 fractures of the ankle.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91: 1607-1611
- Changes in tibiotalar area of contact caused by lateral talar shift.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1976; 58: 356-357
- Deltoid ligament integrity in lateral malleolar fractures: a comparative analysis of arthroscopic and radiographic assessments.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2004; 43: 20-29
- Contribution of the deltoid ligament to ankle joint contact characteristics: a cadaver study.Foot Ankle Int. 1996; 17: 317-324
Published online: August 23, 2017
Financial Disclosure: This study was supported by the Soonchunhyang University Research Fund.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
© 2017 by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. All rights reserved.