Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Surgical versus accommodative treatment for Charcot arthropathy of the midfoot.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 545-549
- Late corrective arthrodesis in nonplantigrade diabetic Charcot midfoot disease is associated with high complication and reoperation rates.J Diabetes Res. 2015; 2015
- Charcot neuroarthropathy in patients with diabetes: an updated systematic review of surgical management.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 586-590
- Neutral ring fixation for high-risk nonplantigrade Charcot midfoot deformity.Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28: 961-966
- Diabetic foot ulcer classification system for research purposes: a progress report or criteria for including patients in research studies.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2004; 20: 590-595
- Prediction of complications in a high-risk cohort of patients undergoing corrective arthrodesis of late stage Charcot deformity based on the PEDIS score.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2015; 16: 349
- Superconstructs in the treatment of Charcot foot deformity: plantar plating, locked plating, and axial screw fixation.Foot Ankle Clin. 2009; 14: 393-407
- Charcot arthropathy risk elevation in the obese diabetic population.Am J Med. 2008; 121: 1008-1014
- The association between body mass index and foot disorders in diabetic patients.Foot Ankle Int. 2005; 26: 375-377
- Pin tract infection following correction of Charcot foot with static circular fixation.Foot Ankle Int. 2015; 36: 1310-1315
- Postoperative infection rates in foot and ankle surgery: a comparison of patients with and without diabetes mellitus.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92A: 287-295
- Limb salvage in Charcot foot and ankle osteomyelitis: combined use single stage/double stage of arthrodesis and external fixation.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 1065-1070
- Treatment of osteomyelitis in Charcot foot with single-stage resection of infection, correction of deformity, and maintenance with ring fixation.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 1069-1074
- Lower extremity amputation and mortality rates in the reconstructed diabetic Charcot foot and ankle with external fixation: data analysis of 116 patients.Foot Ankle Spec. 2016; 9: 113-126
- Surgical management of Charcot neuroarthropathy of the ankle and hindfoot in patients with diabetes.Diabetes Metab Rev. 2016; 32: 292-296
- Tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis with bulk femoral head allograft for salvage of large defects in the ankle.Foot Ankle Int. 2013; 34: 1256-1266
- Age- and sex-related changes in bone microarchitecture and estimated strength: a three-year prospective study using HR-pQCT.J Bone Mineral Res. 2016; 31: 1541-1549
- Vascular calcification and osteolysis in diabetic neuropathy—is RANK-L the missing link?.Diabetologia. 2004; 47: 1488-1492
- Factors affecting wound healing.J Dent Res. 2010; 89: 219-229
- Arthrodesis as an early alternative to nonoperative management of Charcot arthropathy of the diabetic foot.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2000; 82: 939-950
- Self-reported quality of life in patients with diabetes: a comparison of patients with and without Charcot neuroarthropathy.Foot Ankle Int. 2014; 35: 195-200
- Progression of foot deformity in Charcot neuropathic osteoarthropathy.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95A: 1206-1213
- Surgical treatment of the Charcot foot.Diabetes Metab Rev. 2016; 32: 287-291
- Self-reported outcomes of trans-tibial amputations for non-reconstructable Charcot neuroarthropathy in patients with diabetes: a preliminary report.Diabet Med. 2013; 30: 87-90
- The diabetic Charcot foot syndrome: a report of the joint task force on the Charcot foot by the American Diabetes Association and the American Podiatric Medical Association.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 2123-2129
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.