Level of Clinical Evidence
- The natural history of great toe amputations.J Foot Ankle Surg. 1997; 36: 204-208
- Incidence of repeat amputation after partial first ray amputation associated with diabetes mellitus and peripheral neuropathy: an 11-year review.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52: 335-338
- Influence of hallux rigidus on reamputation in patients with diabetes mellitus after partial hallux amputation.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2014; 54: 1076-1080
- Biomechanical abnormalities and ulcers of the great toe in patients with diabetes.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2002; 41: 359-364
- Procedural Terminology.American Medical Association, Chicago2013
- In-office distal Symes lesser toe amputation: a safe, reliable, and cost-effective treatment of diabetes-related tip of toe ulcers complicated by osteomyelitis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2014; 53: 720-726
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: Dr. Boffeli discloses a consultant/advisory role with Surgical Design Innovations.