Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Estimating the prevalence of limb loss in the United States: 2005 to 2050.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 89: 422-429
- Available at)http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/Date accessed: March 19, 2014 (
- Revisiting transtibial amputation with the long posterior flap.Br J Surg. 2001; 88: 683-686
- Active functional stiffness of the knee joint during activities of daily living: a parameter for improved design of prosthetic limbs.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2014; 29: 1193-1199
- Chronic low back pain in traumatic lower limb amputees.Clin Rehabil. 2005; 19: 81-86
- A comparison of traditional prosthetic training versus proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation resistive gait training with transfemoral amputees.Prosthet Orthot Int. 2002; 26: 213-217
- Kinematic and kinetic comparisons of transfemoral amputee gait using C-Leg and Mauch SNS prosthetic knees.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2006; 43: 857-870
- Prototype design and realization of an innovative energy efficient transfemoral prosthesis.in: Proceedings of the 210 3rd IEEE RAS & EMBS International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics. University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan2010
- Biomimetic-based smart rehabilitation technology: application of biomimetics in the design of medical devices.in: Bar-Cohen J. Biomimetics: Nature Based Innovation. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL2012: 445-460
- The human ankle during walking: implications for design of biomimetic ankle prostheses.J Biomech. 2004; 37: 1467-1474
- Effects of window size on ankle joint stiffness calculation during quiet standing: how the rule changes the result.J Biomech. 2012; 45: 2301-2305
- The role of joint stiffness in quiet standing and gait initiation in healthy, young adults.in: The 3rd Asian Pacific Conference on Biomechanics, Tokyo, Japan. 2007
- Modeling effects of muscle fatigue on unilateral postural control.J Appl Biomech. 1996; 12: 173-184
- Analysis of mechanical and metabolic factors in the gait of congenital below knee amputees: a comparison of the SACH and Seattle feet.Am J Phys Med. 1992; 71: 272-278
- Energy expenditure during ambulation in dysvascular and traumatic below-knee amputees: a comparison of five prosthetic feet.J Rehabil Res Dev. 1995; 32: 111-119
- Prosthetic weight acceptance mechanics in transtibial amputees wearing the Single Axis, Seattle Lite, and Flex Foot.IEEE Trans Rehabil Eng. 1997; 5: 283-289
- Kinematic and kinetic variations of below-knee amputee gait.J Prosthet Orthot. 2002; 14: 2-10
- The condition for dynamic stability.J Biomech. 2005; 38: 1-8
- The major determinants in normal and pathological gait.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1953; 35: 543-558
- The influence of walking speed on mechanical joint power during gait.Gait Posture. 1997; 6: 171-176
- Temporal, kinematic, and kinetic variables related to gait speed in subjects with hemiplegia: a regression approach.Phys Ther. 1994; 74: 872-885
- Energy generation and absorption at the ankle and knee during fast, natural and slow cadences.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1983; 175: 147-154
Financial Disclosure: This study was funded by the Ohio Department of Development, State of Ohio (TECH 09-001), which provided funding in support of the Rapid Rehabilitation and Return to Function for Amputee Soldiers project.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.