Pretibial panniculitis ossificans is a rare condition. In this report, we describe a 67-year-old male localized to his right pretibial tissue, approximately 20 years after contusion to the same area.
Level of Clinical Evidence
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Heterotopic ossification.J Nucl Med. 2002; 43: 346-353
- From the archives of the AFIP. Extraskeletal osseous and cartilaginous tumors of the extremities.Radiographics. 1993; 13: 853-884
- Panniculitis ossificans traumatica of the lower leg.Am J Dermatopathol. 2011; 33: 858-860
- Panniculitis ossificans traumatica: an unusual presentation.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008; 46: 596-598
- Panniculitis ossificans in a patient with excessive push-ups: imaging findings with histological correlation.South Med J. 2010; 103: 947-949
- Panniculitis ossificans of the lower leg.Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2009; 8: 165-168
- Dysregulated BMP signaling and enhanced osteogenic differentiation of connective tissue progenitor cells from patients with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP).J Bone Min Res. 2008; 23: 305-313
- [Panniculitis ossificans and review of the literature].Zhonghua wai ke za zhi. 1997; 35: 207-208
- Myositis ossificans imaging: keys to successful diagnosis.Indian J Radiol Imaging. 2012; 22: 35-39
- Myositis ossificans circumscripta: a benign lesion with a malignant differential diagnosis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 1976; 126: 32-40
- Imaging of bone and soft tissue tumours: a case study approach.Br J Cancer. 2002; 86: 497
- Panniculitis: a dermatopathologist's perspective and approach to diagnosis.Indian J Dermatopathol Diag Dermatol. 2016; 3: 29-41
Published online: May 10, 2019
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
© 2018 by the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. All rights reserved.