Level of Clinical Evidence
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Diabetes: Australian facts 2008. Available at: http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=6442468075. Accessed December 17, 2018.
- IWGDF guidance on the diagnosis and management of foot infections in persons with diabetes.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2016; 32: 45-74
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Diabetes Prevalence in Australia. July 2011. Available at: https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/4fdd3043-0786-4ac2-a0b9-5d6e37d9b7e8/13008.pdf.aspx?inline=true. Accessed December 1, 2018.
- Self-reported quality of life and diabetic foot infections.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2014; 53: 716-719
- Challenges in diagnosing infection in the diabetic foot.Diabet Med. 2015; 32: 748-759
- 2012 Infectious Diseases Society of America clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of diabetic foot infections.Clin Infect Dis. 2012; 54: e132-e173
- Rate of residual osteomyelitis after partial foot amputation in diabetic patients: a standardized method for evaluating bone margins with intraoperative culture.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012; 51: 749-752
- The effect of residual osteomyelitis at the resection margin in patients with surgically treated diabetic foot infection.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2011; 50: 171-175
- Consensus on surgical aspects of managing osteomyelitis in the diabetic foot.Diabet Foot Ankle. 2016; 7: 30079
- Correlating pre-operative MRI measurements of metatarsal osteomyelitis with surgical clean margins reveals the need for a one centimeter resection margin.J Foot Ankle Res. 2017; 10: 40
Phillips S. Therapeutic guidelines 2015. Available at: https://tgldcdp.tg.org.au/index. Accessed June 2, 2016.
- Outcomes of surgical treatment of diabetic foot osteomyelitis: a series of 185 patients with histopathological confirmation of bone involvement.Diabetologia. 2008; 51: 1962-1970
- Engaging physicians and consumers in conversations about treatment overuse and waste: a short history of the choosing wisely campaign.Acad Med. 2014; 89: 990-995
- Assessing diagnostic and screening tests: part 2. How to use the research literature on diagnosis.West J Med. 2001; 175: 37-41
- When is measuring sensitivity and specificity sufficient to evaluate a diagnostic test, and when do we need randomized trials?.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 850-855
- A guide for diagnostic evaluations.Nat Rev Microbiol. 2010; 8: 2-6
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.