Level of Clinical Evidence
- Avascular necrosis of the first metatarsal head: incidence in distal osteotomy combined with lateral soft tissue release.Foot Ankle Int. 1994; 15: 59-63
- The risks and benefits of distal first metatarsal osteotomies.Foot Ankle. 1985; 6: 7-17
- Illizarov bone transport treatment for tibial defects.J Orthopaed Trauma. 2000; 14: 76-85
- The evolution of free vascularized bone transfer: a 40-year experience.Plast Reconst Surg. 2016; 137: 1292-1303
- Reconstruction of long bones induced membrane and spongy allograft.Ann Chir Plast Esthet. 2000; 45: 346-353
- Case of bone transference: use of a segment of fibula to supply a defect in the tibia.Ann Surg. 1905; 41: 249-251
- Tibialization of the fibula: a viable option to salvage limbs with extensive scarring and gap nonunions of the tibia.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005; 431: 80-84
- Medial fibula transport with the Ilizarov frame to treat massive tibial bone loss.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 448: 208-216
- Medial transport of the fibula using the Ilizarov device for reconstruction of a massive defect of the tibia in two children.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2008; 90: 1627-1630
- Current management of long bone large segmental defects.Orthopaed Trauma. 2010; 24: 149-163
- Treatment of segmental loss of the tibia by tibialisation of the fibula: a review of the literature.Trauma Mon. 2012; 16: 154-159
- Vascular bone transfer options in the foot and ankle: a retrospective review and update on strategies.Plast Reconst Surg. 2013; 132: 685-693
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.