Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Mortality risk of Charcot arthropathy compared with that of diabetic foot ulcer and diabetes alone.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 816-821
Boulton A. The Diabetic Foot. NCBI Bookshelf. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK409609/. Accessed March 5, 2018
- The prediction of diabetic neuropathic foot ulceration using vibration perception thresholds: a prospective study.Diabetes Care. 1994; 17: 557-560
- Charcot neuroarthropathy of the foot.Diabetic Foot. 2001; : 439-466
- Charcot foot and ankle reconstruction: current thinking and surgical approaches.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2007; : 505-517
- Overview of new technologies for lower extremity revascularization.Circulation. 2007; 116: 2072-2085
- Outcome after protected full weightbearing treatment in an orthopedic device in diabetic neuropathic arthropathy (Charcot arthropathy): a comparison of unilaterally and bilaterally affected patients.BMC Musculoskelet Dis. 2016; 17
Zemaitis MR, Bah F, Dreyer MA. Peripheral Arterial Disease. NCBI Bookshelf. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK430745/?report=printable. Accessed July 23, 2017
- Medial vascular calcification revisited: review and perspectives.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 1515-1525
- Prevalence of peripheral arterial disease in patients with diabetic Charcot neuroarthropathy.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 727-731
- Peripheral arterial disease among adult diabetic patients attending a large outpatient diabetic clinic at a national referral hospital in Uganda: a descriptive cross sectional study.PLoS ONE. 2014; 9e105211
- Noninvasive arterial testing in patients with diabetes.Foot Ankle Int. 2015; 36: 1391-1399
- Ankle-brachial index, toe-brachial index, and cardiovascular mortality in persons with and without diabetes mellitus.J Vasc Surg. 2014; 60: 390-395
- Hide and seek: does the toe-brachial index allow for earlier recognition of peripheral arterial disease in diabetic patients?.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2015; 49: 192-198
- An evaluation of the efficacy of methods used in screening for lower-limb arterial disease in diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2005; 28: 2206-2210
- Vascular imaging: the evolving role of the multidisciplinary team meeting in peripheral vascular disease.Semin Interv Radiol. 2014; 31: 320-329
- Intermittent claudication.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1241-1250
American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association. ACC/AHA 2005 Practice Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Peripheral Arterial Disease (Lower Extremity, Renal, Mesenteric, and Abdominal Aortic). Available at: http://circ.ahajournals.org/. Accessed September 27, 2017.
- J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 47: 1239-1312
- Retrograde pedal access technique for revascularization of infrainguinal arterial occlusive disease.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2015; 26: 29-38
- Angiosomes of the foot and ankle and clinical implications for limb salvage: reconstruction, incision, and revascularization.Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2006; 117: 261-293S
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.