Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Prevalence of hallux valgus in the general population: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Foot Ankle Res. 2010; 3: 1-9
- Efficacy of first metatarsophalangeal joint lateral release in hallux valgus surgery.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2013; 99: 425-431
- Lateral soft-tissue release through a medial incision: anatomic comparison of two techniques.Foot Ankle Surg. 2015; 21: 113-118
- Hallux valgus–etiology, anatomy, treatment and surgical considerations.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1981; 157: 31-41
- Hallux valgus correction with metatarsal osteotomy: effect of a lateral distal soft tissue procedure.Foot Ankle Int. 1995; 16: 132-138
- Distal chevron osteotomy with intra-articular lateral soft-tissue release for treatment of moderate to severe hallux valgus deformity.J Formos Med Assoc. 1996; 95: 776-781
- Correction of high-grade sesamoid bone dislocation in hallux valgus using Austin's osteotomy with and without lateral soft tissue release.Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb. 1997; 135: 150-156
- Surgical treatment of moderate hallux valgus: a comparison of distal chevron metatarsal osteotomy with and without lateral soft-tissue release.Foot Ankle Spec. 2017; 10: 524-530
- Transarticular distal soft-tissue release with an arthroscopic blade for hallux valgus correction.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 13-18
- Transmetatarsal lateral release in hallux valgus surgery: technical tip.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 844-847
- Technique tip: lateral soft-tissue release for correction of hallux valgus through a medial incision using a dorsal flap over the first metatarsal.Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28: 949-951
- Distal soft tissue release using direct and indirect approaches: an anatomic study.Foot Ankle Int. 1996; 17: 458-463
- Minimally invasive hallux valgus correction.Orthop Clin North Am. 2009; 40: 525-530
- Hallux valgus: effectiveness and safety of minimally invasive surgery. A systematic review.Br Med Bull. 2011; 97: 149-167
- Minimally invasive forefoot surgery: a cadaveric study.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 1139-1144
- Minimally invasive hallux valgus surgery: a critical review of the evidence.Int Orthop. 2013; 37: 1731-1735
- Endoscopic distal soft-tissue release in the treatment of hallux valgus: a cadaveric study.Arthrosc J Arthrosc Relat Surg. 2010; 26: 1111-1116
- Release of the lateral structures of the first metatarsophalangeal joint during hallux valgus surgery.Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech. 2012; 79: 222-227
- Lateral release in hallux valgus deformity: from anatomic study to surgical tip.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52: 298-302
- Minimally invasive Akin osteotomy and lateral release: anatomical structures at risk—a cadaveric study.Foot. 2016; 27: 32-35
- Anatomical study of minimally invasive lateral release techniques for hallux valgus treatment.Foot Ankle Int. 2020; 41: 984-992
- Avascular necrosis of the first metatarsal head: incidence in distal osteotomy combined with lateral soft tissue release.Foot Ankle Int. 1994; 15: 59-63
- Avascular necrosis after first metatarsal head osteotomies.J Foot Surg. 1984; 23: 429-435
- Blood flow to the metatarsal head after chevron bunionectomy.Foot Ankle Int. 2005; 26: 526-529
- Influence of different anatomical structures on distal soft tissue procedure in hallux valgus surgery.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 991-996
- Distal soft tissue procedure in hallux valgus surgery: biomechanical background and technique.Int Orthop. 2013; 37: 1669-1675
- The shape of the lateral edge of the first metatarsal head as a risk factor for recurrence of hallux valgus.JBJS. 2007; 89: 2163-2172
- Sequential lateral soft-tissue release of the big toe: an anatomic trial.Z Orthop Unfall. 2007; 145: 322-326
- Tensile properties of the deep transverse metatarsal ligament in hallux valgus a consort-compliant article.Med (United States). 2016; 95: e2843
- Comparative radiographic analysis of parameters in feet with and without hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 1995; 16: 139-143
- The adductor hallucis revisited.Foot Ankle Int. 2001; 22: 186-191
Financial Disclosure: The authors received no financial support for the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article.
Conflict of interest: The authors declared no potential conflicts of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article. Conflict of Interest (CoI) forms for all authors are available online.
Copyright Transfer Statement: Forms for all authors are available online.
Compliance With Ethical Standards: The study has been approved by the local ethics committee of the Medical Faculty at the University of Jena, Germany, and was performed in accordance with the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki and the German Data Protection Act. Written informed consent for scientific investigations was given by all donors during their life time at the Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Jena (Germany).