Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
International Diabetes Federation. IDF Diabetes Atlas—7th edition. Available at: http://www.idf.org/diabetesatlas. Accessed August 30, 2021.
- Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1329-1340
- Treatment of the diabetic foot – to amputate or not?.BMC Surgery. 2014; 14: 83
- Foot ulcers in the diabetic patient, prevention and treatment.Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2007; 3: 65-76
National Amputee Statistical Database (NASDAB) National Amputee Statistical Database Annual Report 2004/2005, UK: NASDAB, 2005
- The diabetic foot: the never-ending challenge.Endocr Dev. 2016; 31: 108-134
- Retrospective study of the evolution of the incidence of non-traumatic lower-extremity amputations (2007-2013) and risk factors for re-amputation.Prim Care Diabetes. 2016; 6: 434-441
- Predicting re-amputation risk in patients undergoing lower extremity amputation due to the complications of peripheral artery disease and/or diabetes.Br J Surg. 2019; 106: 1026-1034
- Epidemiological study of lower limb amputation in England between 2003 and 2008.Br J Surg. 2010; 97: 1348-1353
- Incidence of lower extremity amputations in the diabetic compared with the non-diabetic population: a systematic review.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0182081
- Early post-operative mortality after major lower limb amputation: a systematic review of population and regional based studies.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016; 51: 248-257
- Incidence and risk factors for 30-day postdischarge mortality in patients with vascular disease undergoing major lower extremity amputation.Ann Vasc Surg. 2012; 26: 219-224
- Mortality after nontraumatic major amputation among patients with diabetes and peripheral vascular disease: a systematic review.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 591-599
- Influence of time on risk of bowel resection in complete small bowel obstruction.J Am Coll Surg. 2005; 201: 847-885
- The influence of perioperative care and treatment on the 4-month outcome in elderly patients with hip fracture.AANA J. 2011; 79: 51-61
- Does timing of surgery matter in fragility hip fractures?.Osteoporos Int. 2010; 21: S529-SS34
- Delay influences outcome after lower limb major amputation.Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2012; 44: 485-490
- Planning and scheduling of semi-urgent surgeries.Health Care Manag Sci. 2010; 13: 256-267
The National Quality Indicators Program in General Hospitals, 2013-2017 indicators, Ministry of Health, Israel (from Hebrew). Available at: https://www.health.gov.il/PublicationsFiles/Quality_National_Prog.pdf. Accessed August 30, 2021.
- Putting feet first: rising to the challenge.Diabet Med. 2016; 33: 1463
- Optimal treatment of femoral neck factures according to patient's physiologic age: an evidence-based review.Orthop Clin North Am. 2010; 41: 157-166
- Inequalities in non-communicable diseases between the major population groups in Israel: achievements and challenges.Lancet. 2017; 389: 2531-2541
- Differences in quality of diabetes care between Jews and Arabs in Jerusalem.Am J Med Qual. 2008; 23: 60-65
Financial Disclosure: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.