Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- National Diabetes Statistics Report, 2020.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, GA2020
- Global epidemiology of diabetic foot ulceration: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Med. 2016; 49: 106-116
- Global recurrence rates in diabetic foot ulcers: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2019; 35: e3160
- Incidence, outcomes, and cost of foot ulcers in patients with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1999; 22: 382-387
- Long-term results after internal partial forefoot amputation (resection): a retrospective analysis.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2021; 141: 543-554
- Amputation and reamputation of the diabetic foot.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1997; 87: 255-259
- Literature review on the management of diabetic foot ulcer.World J Diabetes. 2015; 6: 37
- Diabetic foot ulcers and their recurrence.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 2367-2375
- Epidemiology of diabetic foot.Infez Med. 2012; 20: 8-13
- Scott Diabetes Res Netw Epidemiol G. 2018; : 2590-2597
- Mortality rates and diabetic foot ulcers: is it time to communicate mortality risk to patients with diabetic foot ulceration?.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2008; 98: 489-493
- In Vitro determination of midfoot motion.Foot Ankle. 1989; 10: 140-146
- Foot biomechanics during walking and running.Mayo Clin Proc. 1994; 69: 448-461
- Incidence of re-amputation following partial first ray amputation associated with diabetes mellitus and peripheral sensory neuropathy: a systematic review.Diabetic Foot Ankle. 2012; 3: 12169
- Hallux amputation for diabetic osteomyelitis.J Foot Surg. 1987; 26: 141-148
Bouchard, JL. Surgical techniques of fifth ray amputations. Podiatry Institute Update Article Chapter 49. Available at: http://www.podiatryinstitute.com/pdfs/Update_2001/2001_49.pdf. Accessed August 5, 2021.
- Rate of residual osteomyelitis after partial foot amputation in diabetic patients: a standardized method for evaluating bone margins with intraoperative culture.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012; 51: 749-752
- Energy cost of walking of amputees.JBJS. 1976; 58: 42-46
- Assessment of partial first-ray resections and their tendency to progress to transmetatarsal amputations.JAPMA. 2012; 102: 412-416
- Does first ray amputation in diabetic patients influence gait and quality of life?.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2018; 57: 44-51
- Lower extremity amputations and long-term outcomes in diabetic foot ulcers: a systematic review.World J Diabetes. 2020; 11: 391-399
- Epidemiology of foot ulcers and amputations in the diabetic foot.in: Bowker JH Pfeifer MA The Diabetic Foot. Mosby, St Louis, Mo2001: 13-32
- Risk of reamputation in diabetic patients stratified by limb and level of amputation: a 10-year observation.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 566-570
- Risk factors for ipsilateral reamputation in patients with diabetic foot lesions.Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2009; 8: 69-74
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.