Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Juvenile hallux valgus: etiology and treatment.Foot Ankle Int. 1995; 16: 682-697
- Surgery of the foot.Am J Med Sci. 1960; 241178-178
- Diagnosis and treatment of first metatarsophalangeal joint disorders. Section 1: hallux valgus.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2003; 42: 112-123
- Instructional course lectures, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons—hallux valgus.J Bone Joint Surg. 1996; 78: 932-966
- Hallux valgus—etiology, anatomy, treatment and surgical considerations.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1981; 157: 31-41
- Hallux valgus, allied deformities of the forefoot and metatarsalgia. By H. Kelikian, M.D., Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, and Senior Attending Staff of Chicago Wesley Memorial Hospital.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1966; 48-B608-608
- Chevron osteotomy: analysis of factors in patients’ dissatisfaction.Foot Ankle Int. 1985; 5: 327-332
- Combination chevron plus akin osteotomy for hallux valgus: should age be a limiting factor?.Foot Ankle Int. 1997; 18: 477-481
- A pilot study to explore if the age that women undergo hallux valgus surgery influences the post-operative range of motion and level of satisfaction.Foot. 2010; 20: 109-113
- Hallux valgus angle as a predictor of recurrence following proximal metatarsal osteotomy.J Orthop Sci. 2011; 16: 760-764
- Chevron osteotomy for hallux valgus.Foot Ankle. 1992; 13: 378-381
- McBride’s operation for hallux valgus—is the age of the patient important?.Foot. 1995; 5: 73-75
- Distal chevron osteotomy with lateral release for moderate to severe hallux valgus patients aged sixty years and over.Int Orthop. 2020; 44: 1099-1105
- The chevron osteotomy for correction of hallux valgus: comparison of findings after two and five years of follow-up.J Bone Jt Surg - Ser A. 2000; 82-A: 1373-1378
- The effect of age on muscle characteristics of the abductor hallucis in people with hallux valgus: a cross-sectional observational study.J Foot Ankle Res. 2015; 8https://doi.org/10.1186/s13047-015-0078-5
- Outcomes in chevron osteotomy for hallux valgus in a large cohort.Foot. 2016; 29: 18-24
- Foot pain impairs balance and functional ability in community-dwelling older people.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2001; 91: 222-229
- Minimal clinically important differences for American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society Score in hallux valgus surgery.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 551-557
- Responsiveness and minimally important change for the Manchester-Oxford foot questionnaire (MOXFQ) compared with AOFAS and SF-36 assessments following surgery for hallux valgus.Osteoarthr Cartil. 2007; 15: 918-931
- Prevalence of hallux valgus in the general population: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Foot Ankle Res. 2010; 3: 21
- Prevalence and associations of hallux valgus in a primary care population.Arthritis Care Res. 2008; 59: 857-862
- Predicting articular erosion in hallux valgus: clinical, radiographic, and intraoperative analysis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2005; 44: 13-21
- World Population Ageing 2017 - Highlights. 2017; : 1-2
- Chevron or Wilson metatarsal osteotomy for hallux valgus. A prospective randomised trial.J Bone Jt Surg - Ser B. 1993; 75-B: 825-829
- The risks and benefits of distal first metatarsal osteotomies.Foot Ankle Int. 1985; 6: 7-17
- Patient expectations for hallux valgus surgery.J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2008; 16: 91-95
- Age and sex differences between patient and physician-derived outcome measures in the foot and ankle.J Bone Joint Surg Ser A. 2013; 95: 209-214
#All work was performed in Singapore General Hospital, Singapore.
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest, and no funding was required for this study.