Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Treatment of acute Achilles tendon ruptures: asystematic review and metaanalysis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2002; 400: 190-200
- Acute rupture of tendon Achilles. A prospective randomised study of comparison between surgical and nonsurgical treatment.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001; 83: 843-848
- Surgical versus conservative intervention for acute Achilles tendon rupture: a PRISMA-compliant systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses.Medicine (Baltimore). 2015; 94: e1951
- Acute Achilles tendon rupture: a randomized, controlled study comparing surgical and nonsurgical treatments using validated outcome measures.Am J Sports Med. 2010; 38: 2186-2193
- Is operative treatment of Achilles tendon ruptures superior to nonoperative treatment? A systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses.Orthop J Sports Med. 2015; 32325967115579188
- The arterial anatomy of the Achilles tendon: anatomical study and clinical implications.Clin Anat. 2009; 22: 377-385
- Independent evaluation of a recently described Achilles tendon repair technique.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 93-96
- Open versus percutaneous repair in the treatment of acute Achilles tendon rupture: a randomized prospective study.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2008; 16: 204-209
- Open versus minimal invasive repair with Achillon device.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 391-397
- Primary Achilles tendon repair with mini-dorsolateral incision technique and accelerated rehabilitation.Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33: 848-851
- Subcutaneous Achilles tendon rupture: a comparison between open technique and mini-invasive tenorrhaphy with Achillon suture system.Injury. 2016; 47: 2591-2595
- A modified operation for Achilles tendon ruptures.Am J Sports Med. 2007; 35: 1739-1743
- Achilles tendon rupture: avoiding tendon lengthening during surgical repair and rehabilitation.Yale J Bio Med. 2011; 84: 289-300
- The influence of early weight-bearing compared with non-weight-bearing after surgical repair of the Achilles tendon.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1876-1883
- Gravity equinus position to control the tendon length of reversed free tendon flap reconstruction forchronic Achilles tendon rupture.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 37-41
- Operative treatment versus nonoperative treatment of Achilles tendon ruptures: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2019; 364: k5120
- Surgical versus nonsurgical treatment of acute Achilles tendon rupture. a meta-analysis of randomized trials.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 2136-2143
- Minimally invasive Achilles tendon repair: a modification of the Achillon technique.Foot Ankle Int. 2013; 34: 1683-1688
- Functional evaluation of professional athletes treated with a mini-open technique for Achilles tendon rupture.Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2014; 14: 177-181
- Knotless repair of Achilles tendon rupture in an elite athlete: return to competition in 18 weeks.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 121-124
- Long-term results of mini-open repair technique in the treatment of acute Achilles tendon rupture: a prospective study.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 971-975
- Mini-invasive surgical repair of the Achilles tendon-does it reduce post-operative morbidity?.Int Orthop. 2009; 33: 151-156
- A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials comparing conventional to minimally invasive approaches for repair of an Achilles tendon rupture.Foot Ankle Surg. 2011; 17: 211-217
- Retrospective analysis of mini-open repair versus open repair for acute Achilles tendon ruptures.Foot Ankle Spec. 2013; 6: 15-20
- Acute Achilles tendon rupture: Mini-incision repair with double-Tsuge loop suture vs. open repair with modified Kessler suture.Surgeon. 2015; 13: 207-212
- Subcutaneous Achilles tendon rupture: a comparison between open technique and mini-invasive tenorrhaphy with achillon1 suture system.Injury. 2016; 47: 2591-2595
- Response of the injured tendon to growth factors in the presence or absence of the paratenon.Am J Sports Med. 2019; 47: 462-467
- Optimizing Achilles tendon repair: effect of epitendinous suture augmentation on the strength of Achilles tendon repairs.Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29: 427-432
- The Achilles Tendon Total Rupture Score (ATRS). Development and validation.Am J Sports Med. 2007; 35: 421-426
- Predictors of clinical outcome after acute Achilles tendon ruptures.Am J Sports Med. 2014; 42: 1448-1455
- Is percutaneous repair better than open repair in acute Achilles tendon rupture?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012; 470: 998-1003
The Kanto Rosai Hospital Institutional Review Board had reviewed and approved the survey of this retrospective study in regard to the clinical outcomes in Achilles tendon repair.
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: There is no conflict of interest.