Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Epidemiology of fractures in England and Wales.Bone. 2001; 29: 517
- Management of syndesmotic injuries: what is the evidence?.World J Orthop. 2016; 7: 718
- Anatomy of the distal tibiofibular syndesmosis in adults: a pictorial essay with a multimodality approach.J Anat. 2010; 217: 633
- Predictors of functional outcome following transsyndesmotic screw fixation of ankle fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2005; 19: 102
- Importance of anatomical reduction for subjective recovery after ankle fracture.Acta Orthop Scand. 1983; 54: 641
- Changes in tibiotalar area of contact caused by lateral talar shift.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1976; 58: 356
- Revisiting the concept of talar shift in ankle fractures.Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27: 793
- Comparison of suture button fixation and syndesmotic screw fixation in the treatment of distal tibiofibular syndesmosis injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Surg. 2018; 60: 120
- Better outcome for suture button compared with single syndesmotic screw for syndesmosis injury: five-year results of a randomized controlled trial.Bone Joint J. 2020; 102-b: 212
- Current trends in the diagnosis and management of syndesmotic injury.Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2017; 10: 94
- A radiological study for assessing syndesmosis malreduction: its validity and limitation.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2020; 59: 1181
- Does the Arthrex TightRope® provide maintenance of the distal tibiofibular syndesmosis? A 2-year follow-up of 64 TightRopes® in 37 patients.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52: 563
- Diagnostic accuracy of clinical tests for diagnosis of ankle syndesmosis injury: a systematic review.Br J Sports Med. 2013; 47: 620
- Relationship among radiographic ankle medial clear space, sex, and height.Orthopedics. 2014; 37: e449
- The influence of a diastasis screw on the outcome of Weber type-C ankle fractures.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1995; 77-B: 435
- Biomechanical comparison of 3 syndesmosis repair techniques with suture button implants.Orthop J Sports Med. 2018; 6
- Five-year outcomes after treatment for acute instability of the tibiofibular syndesmosis using a suture-button fixation system.Orthop J Sports Med. 2017; 5
- Fixation of ankle syndesmotic injuries: comparison of tightrope fixation and syndesmotic screw fixation for accuracy of syndesmotic reduction.Am J Sports Med. 2012; 40: 2828
- Suture-button syndesmosis fixation: accelerated rehabilitation and improved outcomes.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005; 431: 207-212
- Diagnostic accuracy of radiologic methods for ankle syndesmosis injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Clin Med. 2019; 8: 968
- A prospective randomized study comparing tightrope and syndesmotic screw fixation for accuracy and maintenance of syndesmotic reduction assessed with bilateral computed tomography.Injury. 2015; 46: 1119-1126
- Acute distal tibiofibular syndesmosis injury: a systematic review of suture-button versus syndesmotic screw repair.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 1199
- Syndesmotic screw breakage may be more problematic than previously reported: increased rates of hardware removal secondary to pain with intraosseous screw breakage.Foot Ankle Spec. 2020;
- Functional and radiographic results of patients with syndesmotic screw fixation: implications for screw removal.J Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24: 2
- Changes in the radiological measurements of the tibiofibular syndesmal area in patients with Weber C ankle fractures who were treated with open reduction, internal fixation, and transyndesmal screw.Acta Ortop Mex. 2015; 29: 303
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest.