Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Diabetes prevalence and incidence among Medicare beneficiaries—United States, 2001–2015.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2019; 68: 961-966
- Epidemiology of diabetes and diabetes-related complications.Phys Ther. 2008; 88 (Published online): 1254-1264
- Diabetic foot infections: what have we learned in the last 30 years?.Int J Infect Dis. 2015; 40 (Published online): 81-91
- Update on management of diabetic foot ulcers.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2018; 1411 (Published online): 153-165
CDC. gov. Group A Streptococcal (GAS) Disease Necrotizing Fasciitis. Published online 2018. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/groupastrep/diseases-hcp/necrotizing-fasciitis.html. Accessed October 7, 2020. Natl Cent Immun Respir Dis Div Bact Dis 2018;1–4. Published online.
- Necrotizing fasciitis and the diabetic foot.Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2015; 14 (Published online): 316-327
Halliday S, Sara U, Walker A, Ashley U, Problems P, Problems P., Necrotizing fasciitis (Flesh Eating Disease) definition description : epidemiology and etiology, epidemiology etiology, characteristics clinical presentation signs symptoms. Published online 2020. Available at: https://www.physio-pedia.com/Necrotizing_Fasciitis_(Flesh_Eating_Disease). Accessed October 7, 2020.
- Therapies for necrotising fasciitis.Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2006; 6 (Published online): 155-165
- Necrotizing fasciitis: epidemiology and clinical predictors for amputation.Int J Gen Med. 2015; 8 (Published online): 195-202
- Risk factors for mortality in the late amputation of necrotizing fasciitis: a retrospective study.World J Emerg Surg. 2018; 13 (Published online): 45
- The hospital costs of treating necrotizing fasciitis.ANZ J Surg. 2005; 75 (Published online): 1059-1064
- Burn center management of necrotizing soft-tissue surgical infections in unburned patients.Am J Surg. 2001; 182 (Published online): 563-569
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections.J Intensive Care Med. 2014; 29 (Published online): 138-144
- Using clinical pathways to aid in the diagnosis of necrotizing soft tissue infections synthesis of evidence.Worldviews Evidence-Based Nurs. 2012; 9 (Published online): 88-99
- The LRINEC (Laboratory Risk Indicator for Necrotizing Fasciitis) score: a tool for distinguishing necrotizing fasciitis from other soft tissue infections.Crit Care Med. 2004; 32 (Published online): 1535-1541
Wong CH. LRINEC Score for necrotizing soft tissue infection - MDCalc. Published online 2004. Available at: https://www.mdcalc.com/lrinec-score-necrotizing-soft-tissue-infection#next-steps. Accessed October 5, 2020.
- Laboratory risk indicators for acute necrotizing fasciitis in the emergency setting.J Acute Dis. 2016; 5 (Published online): 114-116
- Validation of the laboratory risk indicator for necrotizing fasciitis (LRINEC) score for early diagnosis of necrotizing fasciitis.Tzu Chi Med J. 2012; 24 (Published online): 73-76
- Inadequate sensitivity of laboratory risk indicator to rule out necrotizing fasciitis in the emergency department.West J Emerg Med. 2016; 17 (Published online): 333-336
- Validation of the laboratory risk indicator for necrotising fasciitis scoring system (LRINEC) in a Northern European population.J Plast Reconstr Aesthetic Surg. 2017; 70 (Published online): 341-346
- Analysis of the increasing prevalence of necrotising fasciitis referrals to a regional plastic surgery unit: A retrospective case series.J Plast Reconstr Aesthetic Surg. 2015; 68 (Published online): 304-311
- Prospective validation of the laboratory risk indicator for necrotizing fasciitis (LRINEC) score for necrotizing fasciitis of the extremities.PLoS One. 2020; 15 (Published online): 1
- Laboratory Risk Indicator for Necrotizing Fasciitis score for early diagnosis of necrotizing fasciitis in Darwin.ANZ J Surg. 2018; 88 (Published online): 45-49
- The laboratory Risk Indicator for Necrotizing Fasciitis score for discernment of necrotizing fasciitis originated from Vibrio vulnificus infections.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 73 (Published online): 1576-1582
- Evaluating the laboratory risk indicator to differentiate cellulitis from necrotizing fasciitis in the emergency department.West J Emerg Med. 2017; 18 (Published online): 684-689
- Usefulness of a risk scale based on procalcitonin for early discrimination between necrotising fasciitis and cellulitis of the extremities.Med Clin (Barc). 2019; 153 (Published online): 9
- Clostridial Gas Gangrene—a rare but deadly infection: case series and comparison to other necrotizing soft tissue infections.Orthop Surg. 2020; 12 (Published online): 1733-1747
- Necrotising fasciitis.Br Med J. 2005; (Published online): 830-833
- Distinguishing necrotizing from non-necrotizing fasciitis: a new predictive scoring integrating MRI in the LRINEC score.Eur Radiol. 2019; (Published online): 3414-3423
- Use of the LRINEC score in diabetic patients.Clin Arch Bone Jt Dis. 2018; 1: 1-5
- Are hemoglobin levels elevated in type 1 diabetes?.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33 (Published online): 341-343
Financial Disclosure: No financial support was received.
Conflict of Interest: All authors have no financial conflict of interest to report.