Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- The mechanical axis of the first ray: a radiographic assessment in hallux abducto valgus evaluation.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 28-34
- Relationship of frontal plane rotation of first metatarsal to proximal articular set angle and hallux alignment in patients undergoing tarsometatarsal arthrodesis for hallux abducto valgus: a case series and critical review of the literature.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52: 348-354
- Reliability of visual estimation of the first intermetatarsal angle.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 8-9
- Descriptive quantitative analysis of hallux abductovalgus transverse plane radiographic parameters.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2014; 53: 397-404
- The biomechanics of the first metatarsal bone in hallux valgus: a preliminary study utilizing a weight bearing extremity CT.Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 19: 155-161
- Observations on hallux valgus; based on a controlled series.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1951; 33-B: 376-391
- Measurement of transverse forces between the first and second metatarsals: a cadaveric study.J Orthop Surg Res. 2016; 11: 121
- Normal foot and ankle radiographic angles, measurements, and reference points.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 991-998
- Principles of Deformity Correction.Springer, Berlin, Germany2005
- The Art of Limb Alignment.6th ed. Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Baltimore2017
- Deformity correction planning for hindfoot, ankle, and lower limb.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2004; 21: 305-326
- Kelikian AS Sarrafian SK Sarrafian's Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle: Descriptive, Topographic, Functional. 3rd ed. Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia2011: 21
- Preoperative planning and intraoperative technique for accurate translation of a distal first metatarsal osteotomy.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 49-54
- Radiographic outcomes of a percutaneous, reproducible distal metatarsal osteotomy for mild and moderate bunions: a multicenter study.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019; 58: 1215-1222
- Short-term, retrospective radiographic evaluation comparing pre- and postoperative measurement in the chevron and minimally invasive distal metatarsal osteotomy for hallux valgus correction.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2021; (Published ahead of print; S1067-2516(21)00160-5)
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Conflicts of Interest: NAS is a paid consultant for Arthrex. The following organizations supported the institution of NAS: DePuy Synthes, Integra LifeSciences, NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics, Orthofix, OrthoPediatrics, Paragon 28, Pega Medical, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Treace Medical Concepts, and WishBone Medical Inc. JNF, PS, AD, and GAL do not have any conflicts to declare.