Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Foot-ankle complex injury risk curves using calcaneus bone mineral density data.J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2017; 72: 246-251
- Development of metabolic syndrome decreases bone mineral density T-Score of calcaneus in foot in a large Taiwanese population follow-up study.J Pers Med. 2021; 11: 439
Stowers JM, Black AT, Kavanagh AM, Mata K, Bohm A, Katchis SD, Weiner LS, Spielfogel W and Rahnama A, Predicting nonunions in ankle fractures using quantitative tibial Hounsfield samples from preoperative computed tomography: a multicenter matched case control study, J Foot Ankle Surg, 61, 2022, 562–6.
- Lower bone density on preoperative computed tomography predicts periprosthetic fracture risk in total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2019; 40: 1-8
- Body composition changes with age have gender-specific impacts on bone mineral density.Bone. 2004; 35: 792-798
- The effect of age and menopause on bone mineral density of the proximal femur.J Bone Miner Res. 1989; 4: 639-642
- Changes in bone mineral density with age in men and women: a longitudinal study.Osteoporosis Int. 2002; 13: 105-112
- Fracture healing in osteoporotic bone.Injury. 2016; 47: 21-26
- Correlation between bone mineral density measured by dual-energy X-Ray absorptiometry and Hounsfield units measured by diagnostic CT in sumbar spine.J Korean Neurosurg Soc. 2013; 54: 384-389
- Using Hounsfield units to assess osteoporotic status on wrist computed tomography scans: comparison with dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.J Hand Surg Am. 2016; 41: 767-774
- The use of distal ulnar Hounsfield units to predict future fragility fracture risk.J Hand Surg Am. 2018; 43: 1010-1015
- Hounsfield units for assessing bone mineral density and strength: a tool for osteoporosis management.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: 1057-1063
- Quantitative computed tomography.Eur J Radiol. 2009; 71: 415-424
- Comparison of gray values of cone-beam computed tomography with Hounsfield units of multislice computed tomography: an in vitro study.Indian J Dent Res. 2017; 28: 66-70
- Efficacy of CT in diagnosis of transudates and exudates in patients with pleural effusion.Diagn Interv Radiol. 2014; 20: 116-120
- Reliability and validity of lower extremity computed tomography as a screening tool for osteoporosis.Osteoporos Int. 2015; 26: 1387-1394
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Age and disease-related changes in the mineral of bone.Calcif Tissue Int. 1993; 53: 57-64
- Computerized tomography evaluation of cortical bone properties in the tibia.Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2007; 9: 187-197
- Epidemiology, etiology, and diagnosis of osteoporosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 194: 3-11
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.