Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Results of external fixation and metatarsophalangeal joint fixation with K-wire in brachymetatarsia.Foot Ankle Int. 2018; 39: 942-948
- Problems, obstacles, and complications of metatarsal lengthening for the treatment of brachymetatarsia.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2010; 27: 561-582
- The management of brachymetatarsia.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2003; 85: 683-690
- Surgical treatment of congenital brachymetatarsia.Therapy. 2005; 2: 779-785
- Percutaneous distraction osteogenesis for treatment of brachymetatarsia.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49: 197-204
- Radiological biometric study of metatarsals and phalanges.J Clin Diagn Res. 2017; 11: AC05-AC09
- Fourth brachymetatarsia treated with distraction osteogenesis.Foot Ankle Int. 2003; 24: 706-711
- Complications of distraction osteogenesis in short first metatarsals.J Pediatr Orthop. 2004; 24: 711-715
- One-stage metatarsal lengthening by allograft interposition: a novel approach for congenital brachymetatarsia.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 1933-1942
- Metatarsal lengthening.in: Rozbruch RS Ilizarov S Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Surgery. Informa Healthcare, New York, NY2007: 291-302
Financial Disclosure: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Conflict of Interest: NAS is a paid consultant for Arthrex. The following organizations supported the institution of all the authors: DePuy Synthes, NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics, Orthofix, OrthoPediatrics, Paragon 28, Pega Medical, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Treace Medical Concepts, and WishBone Medical Inc. MAT, KJM, YS, CC, and BMK do not have any conflicts to declare.
This was presented in part at the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons annual meeting, Feb 24-27, 2022; Austin, TX.