Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Complications of total ankle replacement.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2001; 391: 105-114
- Perioperative complications of total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2003; 24: 17-21
- Perioperative complication rate of total ankle replacement is reduced by surgeon experience.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 283-289
- Evidence-based classification of complications in total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30: 945-949
- Wound breakdown after total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2010; 31: 301-305
- Anterior incision offloading for primary and revision total ankle replacement: a comparative analysis of two techniques.Open Orthop. 2017; 11: 678-686
- Anterior ankle incision wound complications between total ankle replacement and ankle arthrodesis: a matched cohort study.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2021; 60: 47-50
- Angiosomes of the foot and ankle and clinical implications for limb salvage: reconstruction, incisions, and revascularization.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006; 117: 261S-293S
- Risk factors for incision-healing complications following total ankle arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 2150-2155
- Negative-pressure wound therapy applied to high-risk surgical incisions.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49: 299-300
- Use of negative pressure wound therapy on closed surgical incision after total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2015; 36: 787-794
- Operative wound complications following total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 360-366
- Total ankle arthroplasty versus ankle arthrodesis-a comparison of outcomes over the last decade.J Orthop Surg Res. 2017; 12: 76
- The efficacy of the tourniquet in foot and ankle surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 16: 3-8
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons® Clinical Consensus statement: perioperative management.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 336-356
- Pneumatic tourniquets in extremity surgery.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2001; 9: 345-351
- Tourniquet-induced tissue hypoxia characterized by near-infrared spectroscopy during ankle surgery: an observational study.BMC Anesthesiol. 2019; 19: 70
- Tourniquets may increase postoperative swelling and pain after internal fixation of ankle fractures.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2005; 433: 189-194
- Tourniquet use during ankle surgery leads to increased postoperative opioid use.J Clin Anesth. 2015; 27: 380-384
- Postoperative tourniquet pain in patients undergoing foot and ankle surgery.Cureus. 2018; 10: e3678
- Tourniquet use in lower limb fracture surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2019; 29: 175-181
- Limb swelling after release of a tourniquet.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1986; 206: 86-89
- Effect of tourniquet use during ankle fracture fixation on wound healing and infectious complications.Foot Ankle Int. 2020; 41: 714-720
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflicts of Interest: Dr. Blacklidge is a consultant for Paragon28, Novastep, Extremity Medical; Dr. Miller is a consultant for Flower Orthopedics; Dr. Elliott is a consultant for Stryker and DJO.
Financial Disclosure: None reported.