Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fractures of the ankle: II. Combined experimental-surgical and experimental-roentgenologic investigations.Arch Surg. 1950; 60: 957-985
- Classification of the morphology of the acromioclavicular joint using cadaveric and radiological analysis.J Bone Joint Surg. 2010; 92 (British volume): 743-746
- Epidemiology of adult ankle fractures: 1756 cases identified in Norrbotten County during 2009–2013 and classified according to AO/OTA.BMC Musculoskeletal Dis. 2018; 19: 441
- Population-based epidemiology of 9767 ankle fractures.Foot Ankle Surg. 2018; 24: 34-39
- Use of computed tomography for assessing bone mineral density.Neurosurg Focus. 2014; 37: E4
- Bone density correlates with clinical outcomes after ankle fracture fixation.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2018; 138: 1653-1657
- Is ankle fracture related to low bone mineral density and subsequent fracture? A systematic review.Osteoporos Sarcopenia. 2020; 6: 151-159
- Association between bone mineral density and elderly ankle fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2020; 59: 1049-1057
- Supination external rotational ankle fracture injury pattern correlation with regional bone density.Foot Ankle Int. 2019; 40: 384-389
- Interpretation of hip fracture patterns using areal bone mineral density in the proximal femur.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2015; 135: 1647-1653
- Lower bone density on preoperative computed tomography predicts periprosthetic fracture risk in total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2019; 40: 1-8
- Proximal humeral fractures: regional differences in bone mineral density of the humeral head affect the fixation strength of cancellous screws.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2006; 15: 620-624
- A biomechanical comparison of locking versus conventional plate fixation for distal fibula fractures in trimalleolar ankle injuries.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 132-135
- Fixation of osteoporotic distal fibula fractures: a biomechanical comparison of locking versus conventional plates.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2007; 46: 2-6
- A contoured locking plate for distal fibular fractures in osteoporotic bone: a biomechanical cadaver study.Injury. 2012; 43: 718-725
- A biomechanical comparison of one-third tubular plates versus periarticular plates for fixation of osteoporotic distal fibula fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2013; 27: e201-e207
- Aging and bone loss: new insights for the clinician.Therapeutic Advan Musculoskeletal Dis. 2012; 4: 61-76
- Radiation exposure from pediatric CT scans and subsequent cancer risk in the Netherlands.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019; 111: 256-263
- Epidemiological studies of CT scans and cancer risk: the state of the science.Br J Radiol. 2021; 9420210471
- The risk of cancer from CT scans and other sources of low-dose radiation: a critical appraisal of methodologic quality.Prehosp Disaster Med. 2020; 35: 3-16
- Epidemiological studies of low-dose ionizing radiation and cancer: summary bias assessment and meta-analysis.J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2020; 2020: 188-200
- Impact of computed tomography on operative planning for ankle fractures involving the posterior malleolus.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 1337-1342
- Can pre-operative axial CT imaging predict syndesmosis instability in patients sustaining ankle fractures? Seven years’ experience in a tertiary trauma center.Skeletal Radiol. 2015; 44: 823-829
- Diagnostic accuracy of 2-dimensional computed tomography for articular involvement and fracture pattern of posterior malleolar fractures.Foot Ankle Int. 2016; 37: 75-82
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: The authors have nothing to disclose with regards to this manuscript. COI forms are attached.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.