Key Words/ Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Relevance of in vivo force measurements to human biomechanics.J Biomech. 1990; 23 (Suppl): 23-34
- Treatment of Acute Achilles Tendon Rupture.Clin Orthop Surg. 2020; 12: 1-8
- Achilles Tendon Rupture. StatPearls. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing Copyright © 2022.StatPearls Publishing LLC., 2022
- Risk factors for complications after primary repair of Achilles tendon ruptures.J Orthop. 2018; 15: 226-229
- Acute Achilles tendon ruptures: incidence of injury and surgery in Sweden between 2001 and 2012.The American journal of sports medicine. 2014; 42: 2419-2423
- Smoking and wound healing.The American journal of medicine. 1992; 93: S22-SS4
- Wound healing and infection in surgery. The clinical impact of smoking and smoking cessation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arch Surg. 2012; 147: 373-383
Surgeons ACo. About ACS NSQIP Chicago, IL 60611-3295: American College of Surgeons; 1996-2022 [updated May 25, 2018. Available from: https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/acs-nsqip/about. Accesed: May 25, 2022.
- Optimizing ACS NSQIP modeling for evaluation of surgical quality and risk: patient risk adjustment, procedure mix adjustment, shrinkage adjustment, and surgical focus.J Am Coll Surg. 2013; 217 (e1): 336-346
- Use of the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program in orthopaedic surgery.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 1574-1581
- Surgical Outcomes, Trends, and Risk Factors of Distal Triceps Repairs.Hand (N Y). 2022; 15589447221095114
- Achilles: Failed Acute Repair.Foot Ankle Clin. 2022; 27: 415-430
- Achilles Tendon Repairs: Identification of Risk Factors for and Economic Impact of Complications and Reoperation.Sports Health. 2022; 19417381221087246
- Smoking cessation reduces postoperative complications: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Med. 2011; 124 (e8.): 144-154
- Smoking, chronic wound healing, and implications for evidence-based practice.J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2014; 41 (quiz E1-2): 415-423
- Smoking is a risk factor of organ/space surgical site infection in orthopaedic surgery with implant materials.Int Orthop. 2013; 37: 723-727
- Smoking Is a Risk Factor for Wound Complications after Direct Anterior Hip Arthroplasty with Mesh Tape Closure.Adv Skin Wound Care. 2020; 33: 43-46
- The Impact of Smoking on Early Postoperative Complications in Hand Surgery.J Hand Surg Am. 2021; 46 (336.e1-.e11)
Institute NC. Harms of Cigarette Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting was originally published by the National Cancer Institute https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/tobacco/cessation-fact-sheetDecember 19, 2017 [updated December 19, 2017. accesed: May 25, 2022.
- Structural and functional alteration of blood vessels caused by cigarette smoking: an overview of molecular mechanisms.Curr Vasc Pharmacol. 2007; 5: 276-292
- Wound healing and aging.Dermatol Clin. 1993; 11: 749-757
- Ongoing Clinical Trials in Aging-Related Tissue Fibrosis and New Findings Related to AhR Pathways.Aging and Disease. 2022; 13: 732