Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fracture of the os calcis–the problem in general.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1963; 30: 64-66
- Intra-articular fractures of the calcaneum. Part II: open reduction and internal fixation by the extended lateral transcalcaneal approach.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1993; 75-B: 189-195
- Fractures of the calcaneus.Orthop Clin North Am. 2001; 32: 35-51
- Early wound complications of operative treatment of calcaneus fractures: analysis of 190 fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 1999; 13: 369-372
- Advances in surgical management of intra-articular calcaneus fractures.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2015; 23: 399-407
- Postoperative complications after closed calcaneus fracture treated by open reduction and internal fixation: a review.J Int Med Res. 2014; 42: 17-25
- Results of fractures of the os calcis.Am J Orthop Surg. 1916; 14: 290
- The mechanism, reduction technique, and results in fractures of the os calcis.Br J Surg. 1952; 39: 395-419
- Measurement technique of calcaneal varus from axial view radiograph.Indian J Orthop. 2015; 49: 223
- Percutaneous treatment of high-risk patients with intra-articular calcaneus fractures: a case series.Injury. 2013; 44: 1483-1485
- Percutaneous treatment of calcaneal fractures.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000; 375: 91-96
- Closed reduction and percutaneous cannulated screws fixation of displaced intra-articular calcaneus fractures.Foot Ankle Surg. 2012; 18: 164-179
- Percutaneous reduction and fixation of displaced intra-articular calcaneus fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24: 466-472
- Minimally invasive arthroscopic-assisted reduction with percutaneous fixation in the management of intra-articular calcaneal fractures: a review of 24 cases.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2009; 48: 315-322
- Minimally-invasive treatment of intra-articular fractures of the calcaneum.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88-B: 1634-1641
- Closed reduction and percutaneus Kirschner wire fixation for the treatment of dislocated calcaneal fractures: surgical technique, complications, clinical and radiological results after 2–10 years.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2008; 128: 585-591
- Operative treatment in 120 displaced intraarticular calcaneal fractures. Results using a prognostic computed tomography scan classification.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1993; 290: 87-95
- Bohler's angle's role in assessing the injury severity and functional outcome of internal fixation for displaced intra-articular calcaneal fractures: a retrospective study.BMC Surg. 2013; 13: 40
- Intra-articular fractures of the calcaneus: present state of the art.J Orthop Trauma. 1992; 6: 252-265
- Open reduction and internal fixation compared with ORIF and primary subtalar arthrodesis for treatment of sanders type iv calcaneal fractures: a randomized multicenter trial.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 577-583
- Controversies in calcaneus fracture management: a systematic review of the literature.Musculoskelet Surg. 2011; 95: 171-181
- Radiographic and functional outcomes after displaced intra-articular calcaneal fractures: a comparative cohort study among the traditional open technique (ORIF) and percutaneous surgical procedures (PS).J Orthop Surg Res. 2016; 11: 92
- Percutaneous reduction and screw fixation of displaced intra-articular fractures of the calcaneus.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 367-374
- The primary stability of different implants for intra-articular calcaneal fractures: an in vitro study.BioMed Eng OnLine. 2018; 17: 50
- Comparison and predictive factors analysis for efficacy and safety of Kirschner wire, anatomical plate fixation and cannulated screw in treating patients with open calcaneal fractures.Medicine (Baltimore). 2019; 98: e17498
- Radiographic evaluation of calcaneal fractures: to measure or not to measure.Skeletal Radiol. 2007; 36: 847-852
- [Treatment of severe fractures of the calcaneus by reposition and percutaneous bore wire fixation].Unfallchirurg. 1988; 91: 493-501
- Displaced intra-articular fractures of the calcaneus*.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2000; 82: 225-250
- [Clinical and radiologic late results following internal wire osteosyntheses of the calcaneus. Follow-up studies from four Austrian hospitals for accidents].Hefte Unfallheilkd. 1979; 134: 195-199
- Operative treatment of displaced intraarticular calcaneal fractures: long-term (10–20 years) results in 108 fractures using a prognostic CT classification.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 551-563
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
We obtained approval from our institution's review board (Vanderbilt University Medical Center, IRB# 202173), after a full review.