Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Techniques and applications in skin OCT analysis.Adv Exp Med Biol. 2020; 1213: 149-163
- Advances in optical coherence tomography in dermatology—a review.JBO. 2018; 23040901
- Optical coherence tomography imaging of normal, chronologically aged, photoaged and photodamaged skin: a systematic review.Dermatol Surg. 2015; 41: 993-1005
- Optical coherence tomography: history, current status, and laboratory work.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011; 52: 2425-2436
- The role of optical coherence tomography in coronary intervention.Korean J Intern Med. 2012; 27: 1-12
- Optical coherence tomography: clinical applications in medical practice.Oman Med J. 2013; 28: 86-91
- Novel use of non-invasive devices and microbiopsies to assess facial skin rejuvenation following laser treatment.Lasers Surg Med. 2020; 52: 822-830
American Diabetes Association. Statistics About Diabetes | ADA. diabetes.org. Available at: https://diabetes.org/about-us/statistics/about-diabetes. Published July 28, 2022. Accessed June 18, 2021.
- Relationship between skin diseases and extracutaneous complications of diabetes mellitus: clinical analysis of 750 patients.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2014; 15: 65-70
- Diabetes and wound angiogenesis.Int J Mol Sci. 2017; 18: 1419
- Current aspects in the pathophysiology and treatment of chronic wounds in diabetes mellitus.Biomed Res Int. 2013; 2013e385641
- Visualizing and quantifying cutaneous microvascular reactivity in humans by use of optical coherence tomography: impaired dilator function in diabetes.Am J Physio-Endocrinol Metabol. 2020; 319: E923-E931
- Optical coherence tomography imaging of the skin.in: Humbert P Fanian F Maibach HI Agache P Agache’s Measuring the Skin: Non-Invasive Investigations, Physiology, Normal Constants. Springer International Publishing, Cham, Switzerland2017: 493-502
- Clinical translation of Scarless 0.33-mm core microbiopsy for molecular evaluation of human skin.Aesthet Surg J. 2020; 41: NP1710-NP1720
- Bipolar fractional radiofrequency treatment of suprapatellar skin assessment using non-invasive devices and microbiopsy.Aesthet Surg J. 2021; 41: NP1997-NP2008
- Optical coherence tomography angiography monitors human cutaneous wound healing over time.Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2018; 8: 135-150
- In vivo measurement of skin surface strain and sub-surface layer deformation induced by natural tissue stretching.J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2016; 62: 556-569
- Measuring skin aging using optical coherence tomography in vivo: a validation study.J Biomed Opt. 2015; 20045003
- In vivo determination of skin surface topography using an optical 3D device.Skin Res Technol. 2004; 10: 207-214
- Use of optical coherence tomography (OCT) in aesthetic skin assessment—a short review.Lasers Surg Med. 2020; 52: 699-704
- Imaging blood vessel morphology in skin: dynamic optical coherence tomography as a novel potential diagnostic tool in dermatology.Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2017; 7: 187-202
- Regulation of impaired angiogenesis in diabetic dermal wound healing by microRNA-26a.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016; 91: 151-159
- Reduced expression of PDGF and PDGF receptors during impaired wound healing.J Invest Dermatol. 1997; 109: 132-138
- Endothelial progenitor cells in diabetic foot syndrome.Adv Clin Exp Med. 2012; 21: 249-254
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: Department of Plastic Surgery, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA.
Conflict of Interest: Dr Jeffrey Kenkel reports sponsor-supported funding from Venus Concept, Bellus Medical, and Allegran for research studies outside of this submitted work.