Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Etiology of ankle osteoarthritis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467: 1800-1806
- History and evolution in total ankle arthroplasty.Br Med Bull. 2009; 89: 111-151
- Ankle arthrodesis and its relationship to ipsilateral arthritis of the hind- and mid-foot.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 206-207
- The value of ankle prostheses - a gait analysis approach.in: Kofoed H Current Status of Ankle Arthroplasty. Springer-Verlag, Berlin1998: 72-77
- Gait analysis after ankle arthrodesis.Gait Posture. 2000; 11: 54-61
- Long-term results following ankle arthrodesis for post-traumatic arthritis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2001; 83-a: 219-228
- Total ankle replacement: indications, implant designs, and results.Deutsches Ärzteblatt Int. 2015; 112: 177-184
- Comparison of perioperative complications and hospitalization outcomes after ankle arthrodesis versus total ankle arthroplasty from 2002 to 2011.Foot Ankle Int. 2015; 36: 360-368
- Intermediate and long-term outcomes of total ankle arthroplasty and ankle arthrodesis. A systematic review of the literature.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 1899-1905
- Functional and clinical evaluation at 5-year follow-up of a three-component prosthesis and osteochondral allograft transplantation for total ankle replacement.Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2015; 30: 59-65
- Intermediate-term results of total ankle replacement and ankle arthrodesis: a COFAS multicenter study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 135-142
- Total ankle arthroplasty in end-stage ankle arthritis.Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2013; 6: 279-284
- Time trends in total ankle arthroplasty in the USA: a study of the National Inpatient Sample.Clin Rheumatol. 2016; 35: 239-245
- Prevalence of primary and revision total hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 1990 through 2002.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 1487-1497
- Perioperative complication rate of total ankle replacement is reduced by surgeon experience.Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25: 283-289
HCUP National Inpatient Sample (NIS). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) 2002-2012; Available at: www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Accessed May 29, 2018.
- A randomized, double-blind, dose-ranging study comparing wound infiltration of DepoFoam bupivacaine, an extended-release liposomal bupivacaine, to bupivacaine HCl for postsurgical analgesia in total knee arthroplasty.Knee. 2012; 19: 530-536
- A phase 3, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of DepoFoam(R) bupivacaine (extended-release bupivacaine local analgesic) in bunionectomy.Adv Ther. 2011; 28: 776-788
- Liposomal bupivacaine infiltration into the transversus abdominis plane for postsurgical analgesia in open abdominal umbilical hernia repair: results from a cohort of 13 patients.J Pain Res. 2014; 7: 477-482
- Role of obesity on the risk for total hip or knee arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2007; 465: 185-188
- Procrastination of wound drainage and malnutrition affect the outcome of joint arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 1368-1371
- Total ankle arthroplasty in the rheumatoid patient.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2010; 27: 295-311
- Trends in treatment of advanced ankle arthropathy by total ankle replacement or ankle fusion.Foot Ankle Int. 2014; 35: 216-224
- Total ankle arthroplasty: indications and avoiding complications.Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2009; 26: 303-324
- Does rural residence impact total ankle arthroplasty utilization and outcomes?.Clin Rheumatol. 2016; 35: 381-386
- Hospital length of stay following primary total knee arthroplasty: data from the nationwide inpatient sample database.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 1710-1715
- Hospital teaching status and outcomes of complex surgical procedures in the United States.Arch Surg. 2004; 139: 137-141
- Impact of hospital teaching status on length of stay and mortality among patients undergoing complex hepatopancreaticobiliary surgery in the USA.J Gastrointest Surg. 2013; 17: 2114-2122
- Surgical mortality as an indicator of hospital quality: the problem with small sample size.JAMA. 2004; 292: 847-851
- Impact of hospital teaching intensity on quality of care and patient outcomes.Med Care. 2013; 51: 567-574
- Influence of surgeon volume on inpatient complications, cost, and length of stay following total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2016; 37: 1046-1051
- Safety of outpatient total ankle arthroplasty vs traditional inpatient admission or overnight observation.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 825-831
- Economic analysis and patient satisfaction associated with outpatient total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2017; 38: 507-513
- A review of perioperative complicationr of outpatient total ankle arthroplasty.Foot Ankle Int. 2018; 39: 143-148
- Common pitfalls in statistical analysis: clinical versus statistical significance.Perspect Clin Res. 2015; 6: 169
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: This project has not received any outside funding or grants.
Conflict of Interest: Dr. Sabesan reports grants from Exactech, Inc, personal fees from Arthrex, Inc, grants from Pacira Pharmaceuticals, grants from Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation, outside the submitted work. All other authors, their immediate family and any research foundation with which they are affiliated did not receive any financial payments or other benefits from any commercial entity related to the subject of this article.
Disclaimers: This manuscript has not been previously submitted for publication. All authors have read and approved of the final manuscript. All authors believe this manuscript represents honest work.
This study was exempt from Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval.