Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- The Relative Value Unit: History, Current Use, and Controversies.Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2016; 45: 128-132
- Relative value units poorly correlate with measures of surgical effort and complexity.J Surg Res. 2014; 190: 465-470
- Does relative value unit-based compensation shortchange the acute care surgeon?.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76 (discussion 92-84): 84-92
- The relationship between relative value units and outcomes: a multivariate analysis of plastic surgery procedures.Eplasty. 2012; 12: e60
- A Comparison of Relative Value Units in Primary Versus Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: S39-S42
- Are We Appropriately Compensated by Relative Value Units for Primary vs Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty?.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 340-344
- Quantifying and Predicting Surgeon Work Input in Primary vs Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1188-1193
- Medicare fails to compensate additional surgical time and effort associated with revision arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 535-538
- A comparison of relative value units in revision hip versus revision knee arthroplasty.J Orthop. 2019; 16: 45-48
- What provides a better value for your time? The use of relative value units to compare posterior segmental instrumentation of vertebral segments.Spine J. 2018; 18: 1727-1732
- The 22-Modifier in Reimbursement for Orthopedic Procedures: Hip Arthroplasty and Obesity Are Worth the Effort.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 2047-2049
- Morbidity and readmission after open reduction and internal fixation of ankle fractures are associated with preoperative patient characteristics.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 1133-1139
- Complication rates following open reduction and internal fixation of ankle fractures.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 1042-1049
Publication stageIn Press Accepted Manuscript
Conflicts of Interest and Source of Funding: The authors received no funding for this study. Carmen E. Quatman and Laura S. Phieffer receive research funding from Johnson & Johnson unrelated to this study. For the remaining authors none were declared.
Disclosures: The American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program and the hospitals participating in the ACS NSQIP are the source of the data used herein; they have not verified and are not responsible for the statistical validity of the data analysis or the conclusions derived by the authors.