Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Total ankle arthroplasty versus ankle arthrodesis. Comparison of sports, recreational activities and functional outcome.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 1207-1214
- Is elevated contact stress predictive of post-traumatic osteoarthritis for imprecisely reduced tibial plafond fractures?.J Orthop Res. 2011; 29: 33-39
- Ankle arthrodesis: a long term review of the literature.J Orthop. 2019; 16: 430-433
- Outcomes after standardized screw fixation technique of ankle arthrodesis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 447: 112-118
- Is end-stage ankle arthrosis best managed with total ankle replacement or arthrodesis? A systematic review.Adv Orthop. 2014; 2014986285
- Arthroscopic ankle arthrodesis.Foot Ankle Clin. 2006; 11: 361-368
- Evidence-based indications for ankle arthroscopy.Arthroscopy. 2009; 25: 1478-1490
Chapter 8: Assessing risk of bias in included studies. In: Higgins DG, Altman JP, eds. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions. Version 5.0.1.Updated September 2008]. Available at: http://hiv.cochrane.org/sites/hiv.cochrane.org/files/uploads/Ch08_Bias.pdf. Accessed May 15.
- Critical evaluation of the Newcastle-Ottawa scale for the assessment of the quality of nonrandomized studies in meta-analyses[J].Eur. J. Epidemiol. 2010; 25: 603-605
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: e15-e34
- Arthroscopic versus open ankle arthrodesis: a multicenter comparative case series.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: 98-102
- Primary vs. revision ankle arthrodesis: comparison of fusion and complication rates.Foot Ankle Orthop. 2016; 1: 100-101
- Arthroscopic versus open ankle arthrodesis: a retrospective cost analysis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49: 242-247
- Open versus arthroscopic ankle arthrodesis: a comparison of subsequent procedures in a large database.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2016; 55: 777-781
- Open versus arthroscopic ankle arthrodesis: a comparative study.Foot Ankle Int. 1999; 20: 368-374
- The outcome of arthroscopic and open surgery ankle arthrodesis: a comparative retrospective study on 107 patients.Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 14: 153-157
- Ankle arthrodesis. A comparison of an arthroscopic and an open method of treatment.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1991; : 84-95
- Effectiveness comparison between arthroscopic and open ankle arthrodeses.Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2013; 27: 288-289
- Arthroscopic versus open ankle arthrodesis.Foot Ankle Surg. 2018; 24: 137-142
- Prospective comparison of open and arthroscopic ankle arthrodesis using validated outcome score with two-year minimum follow-up (SS-55).Arthroscopy. 2011, e59; 27
- A comparison of open and arthroscopic ankle fusion.Foot Ankle Surg. 2003; 9: 169-172
- Ankle arthrodesis—Open versus arthroscopic: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2017; 8: S71-S77
- Arthroscopic versus open ankle arthrodesis: a systematic review.Arthroscopy. 2018; 34: 988-997
- Ankle arthrodesis using an arthroscopic method: long-term follow-up of 34 cases.Arthroscopy. 1996; 12: 428-434
- Long term results of tibiotalar arthrodesis.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1985; 67A: 546-549
- Clinical rating systems for the ankle-hindfoot, midfoot, hallux, and lesser toes.Foot Ankle Int. 1994; 15: 349-353
- Reliability and validity of the subjective component of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society clinical rating scales.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2007; 46: 65-74
Financial Disclosure: No funding was received for this study.
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that they have no competing interests.