Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint as salvage for the failed Keller procedure.J Bone Joint Surg. 1987; 69A: 68-74
- Surgical options for hallux rigidus: state of the art and review of the literature.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2020; 30: 57-65
- The treatment of hallux valgus.St Thomas Hosp Rep. 1894; 22: 1-12
- Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint for hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, and metatarsus primus varus.J Bone Joint Surg. 1952; 34A: 129-134
- Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint for hallux valgus in rheumatoid arthritis.J Bone Joint Surg. 1984; 664: 687-692
- Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint.Foot Ankle. 1980; 1: 159-166
- A biomechanical comparison of four fixation methods of first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis.Foot Ankle Int. 1994; 15: 415-419
- First metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis: quantitative mechanical testing of six-hole dorsal plate versus crossed screw fixation in cadaveric specimens.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2001; 40: 208-213
- Arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint – a biomechanical comparison of four fixation techniques.Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 23: 268-274
- Effect of joint pathology, surface preparation and fixation methods on union frequency after first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis: a systematic review of the English literature.Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 23: 189-194
- Cost comparison of crossed screws versus dorsal plate construct for first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2008; 47: 13-18
- A consecutive case series of 166 first metatarsophalangeal joint fusions using a combination of cup and cone reamers and crossed cannulated screws.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2018; 57: 462-465
Filomeno P, López J. First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis: Functional Outcomes Using 2 Different Fixation Techniques. Is More Expensive Better? Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics. 2018;3(3).
- A multicenter retrospective cohort study of first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2021; 60: 436-439
- Factors Influencing the Nonunion Rate Following First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis.Foot Ankle Orthop. 2022; 7 (2473011421S00035)
- Risk analysis of nonunion after first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis.Foot Ankle Spec. 2021; 14: 120-125
- Risk factors for nonunion after first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis with a dorsal locking plate and compression screw construct: correction of Hallux Valgus is key.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2021; 60: 1179-1183
- Nonunion after arthrodesis of the first metatarsal-phalangeal joint: a systematic review.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2011; 50: 710-713
- Crossed screw fixation versus dorsal plating for first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis: a retrospective cohort study.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2022; 61: 32-36
- Functional results and patient satisfaction of first metatarsophalangeal joint arthrodesis using dual crossed screw fixation.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 291-297
- Peg-in-hole, end-to-end, and V arthrodesis. A comparison of digital stabilization in fresh cadaveric specimens.J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2001; 91: 63-67
- Radiographic evaluation of intermetatarsal angle correction following first MTP joint arthrodesis for severe hallux valgus.Foot Ankle Int. 2016; 37: 1183-1186
- Reduction of the intermetatarsal angle after first metatarsal phalangeal joint arthrodesis: a systematic review.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2014; 53: 620-623
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: None reported.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.
An IRB was completed and approved prior to completion of the manuscript.