Level of Clinical Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Bone fracture healing in mechanobiological modeling: a review of principles and methods.Bone Rep. 2017; 6: 87-100
- The biology of fracture healing.Injury. 2011; 42: 551-555
- Effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on bone healing.Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2010; 3: 1668-1693
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and bone-healing: A systematic review of research quality.J Bone Joint Surg Rev. 2016; 4: e4
- No effects of piroxicam on osteopenia and recovery after Colles’ fracture. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, prospective trial.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 1993; 112: 127-130
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and nonunion of humeral shaft fractures.Arthritis Rheum. 2005; 53: 364-367
- Non-steriodal anti-inflammatory agents in the management of Colles’ fractures.Br J Clin Pract. 1988; 42: 184-189
- Ketorolac and spinal fusion: does the perioperative use of ketorolac really inhibit spinal fusion?.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: 2079-2082
- Heterotopic ossification prophylaxis with indomethacin increases the risk of long- bone nonunion.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2003; 85: 700-705
- Nonunion of the femoral diaphysis. The influence of reaming and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2000; 82: 655-658
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs’ impact on nonunion and infection rates in long-bone fractures.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 779-783
- The effects of ketorolac injected via patient controlled analgesia postoperatively on spinal fusion.Yonsei Med J. 2005; 46: 245-251
- The effect of post-operative NSAID administration on bone healing after elective foot and ankle surgery.Foot Ankle Surg. 2020;; 26: 457-463
VA Informatics and Computing Infrastructure (VINCI), VA HSR RES 13-457, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (2008). Retrieved July 17, 2020, from: https://vaww.VINCI.med.va.gov.
- Development and validation of the foot union scoring evaluation tool for arthrodesis of foot structures.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2018; 57: 675-680
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Financial Disclosure: This material is the result of work supported with resources and the use of facilities at the Phoenix VA Health Care System.
Conflict of Interest: None reported.